The use of horses of horses or pack animals is allowed on the following trails routes or areas:
Horses and pack animals may be ridden or used throughout the recreation area except in picnic areas, campgrounds and:
- Boulder Beach, along the beach from the Causeway/Dive Park south to Special Events Beach.
- Callville Bay 1/4 mile from the developed area along the beach.
- Echo Bay 1/4 mile north of the launch ramp along the beach to the launch ramp not including the road way.
- Temple Bar 1/4 mile on each side of the launch ramp along the beach area.
- Overton Beach from the concessions RV Park south along the beach to the launch ramp not including the road way.
- Katherine's landing along the beach in the areas known as South Telephone Cove.
- Cottonwood Cove along the beach within the harbor limits not including the road or paved areas.
- Willow Beach from the fish hatchery to the south parking lot not including the roadway.
- Please stop by the Alan Bible Visitor Center for suggestions.
National Park Service
24-HourEmergency-Only Dispatch Number
Or Marine Band Channel 16