Three Stones

Moderator: Jim_b

action14
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Three Stones

Post by action14 »

Hey guys

Does anyone know anything regarding the clue "Three stones are the key to finding the mine"
Jim Hatt

Re: Three Stones

Post by Jim Hatt »

action14,

Although there are many places in Dutchman Lore where 3 Stones/Rocks/Boulders are mentioned as being a possible clue/landmark to the location of the LDM, or some other mine.

I know of only place... Most often referred to as: The Sleeping Squaw Map where they are referred to as the "Key" to the mine(s).

Hope this helps,

Best,

Jim

Note: This is only one version of the Sleeping Squaw Map that are in circulation. It is also known as the "Flores Map" in other versions.
alan m

Post by alan m »

Hello Jim
I found a rock that looks like the "sleeping Woman" rock figure about two years ago along with the "three Rocks" very near where I located the Spanish ruins of which I posted a photo. I have posted its photo on another site and even sent a copy to Greg Davis, but alas it seems no one else can see what I see.
I seems apparrent that the rocks can play tricks on the eyes.
The photo is in my achives, I will post it for all to see when I dig it out.
Till then, Best Regards
Alan
alan m

Post by alan m »

I seem to be having trouble keeping photobucket and DesertUSA open at the same time.
Hope this works
Alan
Casca

Post by Casca »

Dude, you gotta a couple of things going on there. I do see the three rocks on the bottom though. Is the dugout "U" on top a pointer? Looks like a head possibly pointing you in a direction too.
alan m

Post by alan m »

Hello Casca
If you have a copy of the Superstition journal volume 22 from 2004, Greg Davis wrote an article on the "Sleeping Woman" treasure. I think that this rock formation matches the main one identified by Ramona Flores in one of her letters to John Burbridge.
The photo was taken some distance away from the rock formation but on a main trail in the mountains, so you see it just as you would if you were on the trail. This is a key point and one that I think supports the idea that this one is the real deal.
Near this formation are two cliff carvings of a horse head and another rock that looks like a Spanish face. It is here where I located the Spanish ruins which seem to be the remains of defensive walls, photos that I posted under the title"Spanish Ruins"
There is a lot to research and I am hoping to get back to it this year in October.
Best Regards
Alan
Casca

Post by Casca »

Now thats exciting.

Most of my books are hardbacks. Except for my bathroom readers. I get my info from guys like yourself. Honestly I cant see real well to read, my typing probably shpws it. I have been accused of being someone else on the forums because of it.

If you have what I think you do, I would say you are close to a very interesting area. If there is a way you can come into the camp, and your horse and mexican from the South, to take pictures as you go, I would. I have only seen one mexican on a rock, and he appeared to be wearing a head wrap.

Good Luck.
AshtonPage

Post by AshtonPage »

Hi Action 14,

I have no idea if this is what you’re looking for but in Sim Ely’s Book ‘The Lost Dutchman Mine’ page 145 and elderly Apache woman who claims to have once been at the mine tells George Scholey “Three big rocks, like wikiup… you go by them, Maybe you go down with a rope.” Just then a buck came by and kicked the blind squaw violently on the leg, as a signal for her to stop talking.

Hope this helps,
Ashton
AshtonPage

Post by AshtonPage »

Hi Action 14,

We might be able to answer you better if we knew where that clue “Three stones are the key to finding the mine” came from.
Oftentimes, the most valuable information comes from the CONTEXT that the clues are in.

Could you tell us where you read that clue?

Thanks,
Ashton