DID WALTZ LIE TO JULIA AND RHINEY???

Moderator: Jim_b

i-tsari-tsu-i

DID WALTZ LIE TO JULIA AND RHINEY???

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

That would seem to be the only explanation to explain Julia and Rhiney's actions/search after Waltz died. That assumes you believe the LDM is in one of the many locations cited, that are nowhere near the start from Bark's ranch house.

Even had one fellow who believed an old barite prospect on Coon Bluff was Waltz's mine. Told me he was in the process of applying for a TT permit. Don't think that ever happened.

Funny how the farther you get from the original source of information, the farther the mine gets away from the board house starting point.

Joe Ribaudo
Dirty Dutchman
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: DID WALTZ LIE TO JULIA AND RHINEY???

Post by Dirty Dutchman »

Joe

Just to be clear before I post a response, you DO believe the board house is the starting point correct?

Thanks
Travis
i-tsari-tsu-i

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

Travis,

I believe that Waltz said he was going to point out the trail to the mine from there.
I also believe there was more said than they told Bark and Ely......Perhaps more than one trail to take.

The story that Bicknell told, seems important.

Take care,

Joe
Dirty Dutchman

Post by Dirty Dutchman »

i-tsari-tsu-i wrote:Travis,

I believe that Waltz said he was going to point out the trail to the mine from there.
I also believe there was more said than they told Bark and Ely......Perhaps more than one trail to take.

Take care,

Joe
Joe

Good deal. Now put yourself at the Board House. Is there a "Deep Gorge" anywhere near you?

Thanks
Travis
i-tsari-tsu-i

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

Dirty Dutchman wrote:

Take care,

Joe
Joe

Good deal. Now put yourself at the Board House. Is there a "Deep Gorge" anywhere near you?

Thanks
Travis

Travis,

Define "near". As an avid hiker who has been pounding around in the Superstitions for awhile now, would your definition be the same
as a soda jerk or city girl?

If you were unfamiliar with the term "gorge", would you think it was
a "deep narrow passage with steep rocky sides; a ravine." With that complete definition, the answer is yes.

The best evidence is still.......Where they first tried to enter the mountains, according to Bark.

Good luck,

Joe
Dirty Dutchman

Post by Dirty Dutchman »

i-tsari-tsu-i wrote:
Dirty Dutchman wrote:

Take care,

Joe
Joe

Thanks
Travis

Travis,

Define "near". As an avid hiker who has been pounding around in the Superstitions for awhile now, would your definition be the same
as a soda jerk or city girl?

If you were unfamiliar with the term "gorge", would you think it was
a "deep narrow passage with steep rocky sides; a ravine." With that complete definition, the answer is yes.

The best evidence is still.......Where they first tried to enter the mountains, according to Bark.

Good luck,

Joe
Joe

If Julia had the Bicknell directions, then Hog Canyon probably fit that to a tee if you were approaching from Phoenix. But then logic should have been used.... If Hog Canyon was the correct spot, and there's an "old well" close, why the hell would Waltz want to bypass that by 6 miles..?? It makes no sense... Unless the real trail is close to, and easily pointed out from the Board House.

Now, if there's a deep Gorge (or Ravine) close to the Board House (there is) and it leads over the mountain close to a "Sombrero" peak (it does), then maybe that's the reason Julia was so fixated on the Weavers Needle..??

If you feel like it, take the Weiser Map (or the Fish Map for that matter), and lay them down on your topo starting where the Board House is. You should find that the maps will match the Bicknell directions perfectly. The trail (If you find the correct ravine to start in) will even go on the west side of the Needle, just like it should.

Thanks
Travis
i-tsari-tsu-i

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

Travis,

Three people ended up in that area. Two of them camped at Willow Spring, Adolph Ruth and P.C. Bicknell. Maybe the most important of the three was Harry LaFrance.
There were others, but those are pretty interesting.

Take care,

Joe
Dirty Dutchman

Post by Dirty Dutchman »

Three people ended up in that area. Two of them camped at Willow Spring, Adolph Ruth and P.C. Bicknell. Maybe the most important of the three was Harry LaFrance.
There were others, but those are pretty interesting.

Take care,

Joe
Joe

Interesting or sure. But none of them found anything...

You're too far west, just like they were. I'll stay out of your topic if you're not going to even answer the things I take the time to write about your post. I'm not wasting my time looking up sources and things if you're not open minded about it.

Thanks
Travis
action14

Post by action14 »

Joe...you don't know how right you are.
i-tsari-tsu-i

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

Travis,

Harry LaFrance did have a gold bar with a crown marking.

I have nothing against your theory, but you seem to think you are the first one to think of it, and find what you have found. Just because you have not seen or heard any evidence that shows that someone has been where you are now, does not mean it didn't happen.

I'm not interested in confirming anyone's theories. If you feel it's a waste of your time posting to me, that's your decision. I will be happy to continue replying, but you will not force me into doing it your way.

It's not that I disagree with your theories/evidence, it's just that I have heard a thousand such conclusions, just as good, and no one is spending the Dutchman's gold.......yet. You may very well be the one to get it done, and I hope you do.

I'm still interested in the game, just don't suit up anymore. ;)

Good luck Travis, I wish you the best,

Joe