DID JULIA SELF-PROMOTE THE LDM LEGEND?

Moderator: Jim_b

alan m
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: DID JULIA SELF-PROMOTE THE LDM LEGEND?

Post by alan m »

I have even found what I believe is proof that Travis Marlowe aka clearance Mitchell faked many of the clues he claimed to have found
Bob ward rediscovered them and reported on them in his book
It's a real shame that some would do this
A real Spanish mine with trail markers is a rare thing indeed and it has been lost due to the malice and greed of a few
Alan
babymick1

Post by babymick1 »

AshtonPage wrote:Hi Matthew,

Thanks, I guess I needed a reality check.

Yup – you’re right. Unfortunately, there are people on the forums simply to boast “I know more than you do”. There was another forum that I used to post on, but one person continually insinuated that I was being deceptive – that seriously irked me because I pride myself on my personal integrity. So I warned them if they didn't knock it off that I would quit posting and that would be the last clue they ever got from me. As I might have guessed, I no longer post there.

Years ago on a music forum I read; “together we know it all” and that was the attitude of the people on the music forum. Not surprisingly, every problem anyone had was able to be solved because we shared a culture of honesty and a common goal to succeed. Amazing how that works.

I plan on attending the 2013 Rendezvous and look forward to seeing you again as well.

Best,
Ashton
Ashton

I don't feel you would kill me. So if you would like to go out in the range, let me know' we'll hook something up.

Wayne Babymick1
AshtonPage

Post by AshtonPage »

Hi Babymic,

I’m certainly glad to talk to you about things and that could lead to some expeditions into the hills. However, I made a recent commitment that I need to follow through on first – I’m sure you understand.

Of course, I have no idea how things will pan out. At any rate, I believe that I’m pretty much on schedule for a mass-search party around the 2014 Rendezvous timeframe……. either that or you guys will be getting a post card of me sipping a Corona on some beach in Costa Rica.

Thanks,
Ashton
babymick1

Post by babymick1 »

AshtonPage wrote:Hi Babymic,

I’m certainly glad to talk to you about things and that could lead to some expeditions into the hills. However, I made a recent commitment that I need to follow through on first – I’m sure you understand.

Of course, I have no idea how things will pan out. At any rate, I believe that I’m pretty much on schedule for a mass-search party around the 2014 Rendezvous timeframe……. either that or you guys will be getting a post card of me sipping a Corona on some beach in Costa Rica.

Thanks,
Ashton
Ashton

Hope you find the Kings Treasure of Corona and buy the hole Island of Costa Rica.

Goodluck Babymick1
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

concerning the Farrish writings
He lists the early settlers and lot number of the original town site
Extensive list. The Starr Bros are there and amongst many others.
But no mention of Jacob Waltz homestead.
I find this strange. If Jacob was half as notorious in early Phoenix
as he is portrayed in many writings.
He should have been mentioned.... No?

Anyone have theory on this over sight?

thanks

roc
alan m

Post by alan m »

Roc
From what I have determined, almost everything written about the nefarious activities of Jacob waltz are pure bull s**t
And that came primarily from Barry storm
Alan
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

Howdy Alan

Although I’ve read Thunder Gods Gold
I guess I didn’t know how much fabrication
Barry Storm might have done with the
historical facts concerning Waltz.

I hear tell that knowing whether Waltz was
truly the scoundrel he’s portrayed as
(or a more typical old prospector settling in Phoenix)
could help determine which clues have more validity.
The old two camp argument.

This is where Farrish account can be helpful as a respected historian.
He definitely knew of the LDM legend
So he must have been familiar with Waltz’s name.
If Waltz was the scoundrel
he was made out to be
then
there was no way this would have escaped
this historian critical purview.

roc
alan m

Post by alan m »

Roc
I agree
One of the most damaging stories is of waltz killing his partner weiser
We now know that to be a fabrication which makes me think that the account of waltz and weiser killing the two mexican miners must also be false
If as waltz claimed you have to climb up to get to the mine how then could he have seen the two Mexicans down canyon when he shot them ?
Alan
eunderhill

Post by eunderhill »

alan m wrote:Roc
I agree
One of the most damaging stories is of waltz killing his partner weiser
We now know that to be a fabrication which makes me think that the account of waltz and weiser killing the two mexican miners must also be false
If as waltz claimed you have to climb up to get to the mine how then could he have seen the two Mexicans down canyon when he shot them ?
Alan
I would have to say that it is possible that Waltz had actually killed his partner. Don't get me wrong though as I am not saying that he did. Only that is is possible. I remember a story of two cowboys from the Barkley ranch, possibly the two who had lead Ruth into the mountains to his death. Apparently one of them had tried to kill the other. Both were found to be insane and committed to the insane asylum. Elijah Reevis apparently went insane while living in the Superstition Wilderness. Many of the stories do seem to indicate that the area can affect ones mind. One of the theories suggest that there are some energy vortexes that move around the area and are supposed to be just like the ones that are supposed to exist in the Sedona area. Except the Sedona ones are supposed to be stationary. Anyway the theory about these vortexes are supposed to have something to do with lay lines. The vortexes are said to be of two polarities, positive and negative. The positive ones are supposed to make you feel uplifted and the negative is more of a disturbing feeling. The theory of the vortexes in the Superstition area are that they are of the negative type.

Normally I would dismiss this type of stuff myself except I did have an experience out there once. I was in La Barge Canyon about a ten minute walk north of the Red Tanks trail jct. I had stopped for a rest in one of the camp sites for about 20 minutes. It was in September of 2011 and still pretty hot at the the time. As far as I know I was the only one out there. Most people were staying close to the trail heads and not venturing in too far into the wilderness like I did. While I was resting, I had the feeling that someone was watching me from behind. I had my back facing west while I was sitting on a log. I looked behind me and across La Barge Creek to the brush on the other side of the canyon and didn't see anything to indicate that there was anyone there. I had looked in that direction every now and then and never saw anything and decided to just ignore the feeling. The feeling persisted until I got up and left the camp site and continued on up the trail. I had been to this camp site two times before and never had an experience like that before. After experiencing that, leads me to believe that there might be something to the vortex theory after all or at the least that the area can affect ones mind.
alan m

Post by alan m »

I have had similar experiences in there as well as in the Mojave
Once I was researching an Indian habitation site from about AD 800
And had the most uncomfortable feeling like I was not welcome
It didn't go away so I took some water and filled. A couple of the depressions in the area rocks, these were used by the Indians from that time as sources of water
I also offered some tobacco. Right then there was a gust of wind and then everything was quiet and the feeling was gone
I continued my work of taking photos of the area petroglyphs and collecting debetauge which are waste pieces from the making of stone tools
I can't explain it but what I felt was real.