Here is what happened

Moderator: Jim_b

cubfan64
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Here is what happened

Post by cubfan64 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:24 am

I am proud to see the research Paul (CubFan) is doing on Tnet - along with the help of "PotBellyJim" and others. Let's keep it up!
Hi Ryan - Please don't give me credit for any of that stuff on TNet - all I'm doing is passing along research done by other folks (Garry and Larry specifically). The only thing I did was start the thread and try to keep it on topic :)

somehiker

Post by somehiker » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:05 am

RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:07 pm

Here is the video that I was waiting for permission to post. Permission has been granted, here you are:

Carrol

Post by Carrol » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:52 pm

somehiker wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:05 am
Maybe this will help.....
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQEsE_2VoAESwoh.jpg
That's a start, thanks!! I think the carving scab layers can give a more accurate date like the circles on the tree stump.

Carrol

Post by Carrol » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:02 pm

is that it for the history on TT?

RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:07 am

Carrol wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:02 pm
is that it for the history on TT?
It has been a busy week for me - still have a few more installments.

RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:06 am

Getting into the head of someone can be very difficult – especially when they refer to themselves as “El Lobo”. Travis was extremely intelligent and very cunning. His chosen profession in law enforcement could not have been better for him – I believe the best cops can also become the best criminals. Travis lived both – and understood both.

The family and I, at this point, had a lot to discuss and figure out. We thought we had one story – but in reality, we had two different stories going on at the same time. Did they converge? This was my next quest.

These are the facts that I knew at the time:

1) Travis had made a recovery in the Colossal Cave of 26,000 “something’s” in the late 30’s / early 40’s
2) Travis made his first version of the “rocks” by at least 1950 – proven by the date on the negatives.
3) Travis carved multiple copies of the stone maps and they were given to members of his family. They all knew Travis carved them.
4) Travis sourced the Ground Map & Barn Map for ideas of what to put on the rocks, in an effort to make them look “authentic”.
5) I had the blue prints to the stone maps to verify their creation, as well as some different variations of what to put on the stones.
6) In CFSG, Travis spends very little time worrying about the rocks. They were of little importance, just tossed the “small grey stone” in the trunk and forgot about it ( I have always really struggled with that, because it makes no sense at all and totally diminishes the value of his find )
7) Travis spent years in the Superstitions looking for what he called “The Peralta Treasure Room” ( in my opinion, similar to what was featured in Lust for Gold)
8) The Gold Reserve Act would play a major part in what was going on in Travis’ mind. It was illegal for a citizen to own and possess gold (outside of jewelry). Further, The US Government would nearly double the spot price of Gold when a citizen would relinquish it the treasury. Gold was set at $20.67 / troy ounce – but the gov’t would buy it for $35 / troy ounce. This is a significantly better return than someone could get on the black market.
9) Travis liked fame – he wanted to be something bigger than he was.
10) He wrote a book – which would never be published – but certainly wrote with the intention of being published.
11) Travis wrote to a TV network to get a show of some sort about the rocks and his search.
12) The “Legend” that Clarence Mitchell told was not even close to what really happened. I had to erase Clarence Mitchell’s “storyboard” – and focus on the original creator, Travis Tumlinson.

It was becoming very clear – the rocks were a distraction…a decoy for something bigger. Travis wanted to tell us something with these rocks, so I spent a lot of time studying them – looking at them through the eyes of someone that knew absolutely nothing about treasure - but having spent hundreds of hours pouring through everything I knew about Travis- but in particular - the clues he left behind.

These were my results:

ImageHorse Coordinates by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

ImagePriest Coordinates by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

ImageCompletion by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

Putting these coordinates into Google Maps and seeing they took me to the Superstitions, a huge wave of excitement came over me – I immediately took a trip back to Arizona. The odds of these coordinates matching a location with the range were astronomical….

I made the small hike – digital compass in hand.

The first thing I came across was what I nicknamed “The Marker Cactus”. It was a series of 3 cacti in a perfect triangle formation, one of them seemingly cut with a machete.

ImageMarker Cacti by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

ImagemarkerCactus Aerial by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

ImageMachete Mark on Marker Cactus by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

I kept following the my digital compass and kept seeing more and more strange things – cactus in formation as if they were pointing the way to go.

ImageArrow by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

Once I got to the top of a hill, I could look down in a valley that was heart shaped. “Find the Heart – Find the Box”.

Following the digital compass even further, I came to its terminus. A single cactus….exactly dead on – matching the coordinates displayed on the rocks Travis carved.

And you guessed it….its got a nick-name too. “The Looking Cactus”.

On the front side, it has a hole that is carved in the shape of a triangle – roughly 3-4 inches across. On the backside, it opens up into a crescent moon shape, carved with skill – with flat edges – completely symmetrical.

ImageLooking Cactus Description by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

ImagebackofLC by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

ImageFrontofLC by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

In order to see through the hole in The Looking Cactus, you would need to be riding horseback (or at a similar level) – hence the horse on the map. The direction the horse looks is the same direction you look through The Looking Cactus – and upon doing so, you see “The Half Circle”.

Behind “The Looking Cactus” is yet another set of cacti that we call “The Doorway”. It resembles the shape of 2 pillars, with 2 smaller pillars on the sides. If you were to stand in the doorway, you can see the entire scope of what we call “The 1847 Site”.

ImageDoorway by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

I followed the direction The Looking Cactus suggested – and came upon “The Half Circle” – and it was there that I found “The Box”.

ImageBox and Vs by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

From that site, I called a popular forum poster and asked him if could borrow a metal detector. He said that he had a Minelab that he would let me use – and I immediately packed up and went to his house. He had adjusted all the settings for me – and told me to keep everything as he set them.

On the hike back to the 1847 Site, I scanned the ground the entire way. The detector never made a sound.

Upon returning to the The Half Circle – and the metal detector went wild…

I called the owner of the MineLab and put him on speaker phone - then asked him if these noises were “normal”.

He asked me “Where are you?”

I replied, “I’m at the site Travis told us to find the box.”

He said “You’ve found something big – it’s hitting on something very big”

More excited than ever – I called various family members on FaceTime so they could see this in real time. Everyone was just freaking out with excitement. I called Lynda – she doesn’t have FaceTime (get FaceTime Lynda!! ) and she heard the sounds as well. At this point, everyone was beside themselves. We had found what Travis left behind.

To recap. Travis took a portion of the loot he found from the Colossal Cave - crafted the 1847 site like it was a big movie set – started on the blueprints for the rocks – used some influence from the Ground & Barn Maps – wrote a book – and tried to get a TV show.

In 1959 – Travis is diagnosed with a massive heart condition and works with the Hainer family (per the notes provided by Garry Cundiff ) telling them he will finance the trip if they go and get the treasure. Unfortunately, the Hainer’s never made it out to Arizona - Travis had passed away before being able to fully train / explain to the Hainer’s on where exactly to go.

Why would Travis do all this? Its simple. He was cleverly using the remainder of the loot he found in the Colossal Cave as a way to double his “investment” via the US Gov’t. He crafted a movie set that we call the 1847 Site – created the stone maps & wrote a “screen play” ( CFSG ).

He used pieces of historical record – mimicked Jesuit & Franciscan architecture styles - used pieces of legend by using cacti as markers - and built himself an incredible alibi. As mentioned previously, he had the mind of a criminal – but also the mind of a cop.

So - the answer to all of this is ultimately up for you to decide? Did Travis hoax? Or did he create a fantastic alibi that would result in a huge profit?

More installments coming next week.

Marius

Post by Marius » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:07 am

Hi Ryan

Let's leave the stone tablets aside and talk about the Ground map .
You wrote how Travis have used the Ground map to search for the " Peralta treasure room " , room's theory that have been used in " Lust for Gold ' movie .
I believe what you know as "Ground map " is what was took from Adolph Ruth body , a map that contained a star chart for orientation and should be used to find the " knob " site , which is a mine in a cave .
For the same site was destinated and the Grijalva stone tablet ( is the Ground map a copy of that tablet ? ) which Bob ward hid in a well .
I don't think there is any treasure yet to be find , but i am sure the ore from that mine is a treasure of itself .

393stroker

Post by 393stroker » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:24 pm

Very interesting, good job figuring out those numbers. Hope you found something.

RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:30 pm

393stroker wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:24 pm
Very interesting, good job figuring out those numbers. Hope you found something.
👍🏽