Tumlinson Saga

Moderator: Jim_b

RMG1976
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:56 am
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Here is what happened

Post by RMG1976 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:55 pm

My apologies for not keeping on schedule to write out my experiences and research in re: to the rocks / Travis / SoJ / etc.

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I get into the most miniute details - and a story that someone else could repeat in a few hours could take me a few days - or maybe even a few weeks. I believe in this instance - the most detail I can lawfully provide, is important.

My plans for tonight were to discuss The Ground Map & The Barn Map. How they are the basis of the information on the rocks. How I found them, where they came from - and how they were reviewed by upper ranking members of the SoJ, etc

I am noticing that a few folks on TNet just want to cut to the chase. So I'm going to give the option back to the community. I can do 1 of two things tonight.

I can stick to my original plan, or I can post the solve to the stone maps, including sharing locations / photos and video.

It's 2:53pm here in Arizona right now - I'll wait until about 530pm. I think that should be a fair amount of time.

If I dont hear anything, or perhaps there is no interest in what I am doing, then I will just keep on my original path.

Hope everyone is having a great and prosperous day!

-RG

User avatar
deducer
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:58 am
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Here is what happened

Post by deducer » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:16 pm

RMG1976 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:55 pm
My apologies for not keeping on schedule to write out my experiences and research in re: to the rocks / Travis / SoJ / etc.

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I get into the most miniute details - and a story that someone else could repeat in a few hours could take me a few days - or maybe even a few weeks. I believe in this instance - the most detail I can lawfully provide, is important.

My plans for tonight were to discuss The Ground Map & The Barn Map. How they are the basis of the information on the rocks. How I found them, where they came from - and how they were reviewed by upper ranking members of the SoJ, etc

I am noticing that a few folks on TNet just want to cut to the chase. So I'm going to give the option back to the community. I can do 1 of two things tonight.

I can stick to my original plan, or I can post the solve to the stone maps, including sharing locations / photos and video.

It's 2:53pm here in Arizona right now - I'll wait until about 530pm. I think that should be a fair amount of time.

If I dont hear anything, or perhaps there is no interest in what I am doing, then I will just keep on my original path.

Hope everyone is having a great and prosperous day!

-RG
Hi Ryan,

I vote for you sticking to your original plan.

And as Paul says, just ignore the detractors and naysayers, and just put your story out there.

But it may be a good idea if you could corroborate your story with pictures, illustrations, etc. The rough draft of TT's telegram to Miller is a good example.

RMG1976
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:56 am
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Here is what happened

Post by RMG1976 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:21 pm

deducer wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:16 pm
RMG1976 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:55 pm
My apologies for not keeping on schedule to write out my experiences and research in re: to the rocks / Travis / SoJ / etc.

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I get into the most miniute details - and a story that someone else could repeat in a few hours could take me a few days - or maybe even a few weeks. I believe in this instance - the most detail I can lawfully provide, is important.

My plans for tonight were to discuss The Ground Map & The Barn Map. How they are the basis of the information on the rocks. How I found them, where they came from - and how they were reviewed by upper ranking members of the SoJ, etc

I am noticing that a few folks on TNet just want to cut to the chase. So I'm going to give the option back to the community. I can do 1 of two things tonight.

I can stick to my original plan, or I can post the solve to the stone maps, including sharing locations / photos and video.

It's 2:53pm here in Arizona right now - I'll wait until about 530pm. I think that should be a fair amount of time.

If I dont hear anything, or perhaps there is no interest in what I am doing, then I will just keep on my original path.

Hope everyone is having a great and prosperous day!

-RG
Hi Ryan,

I vote for you sticking to your original plan.

And as Paul says, just ignore the detractors and naysayers, and just put your story out there.

But it may be a good idea if you could corroborate your story with pictures, illustrations, etc. The rough draft of TT's telegram to Miller is a good example.


Thanks for the input, Arthur.

Just so we are clear, however, I want to reiterate that the telegram is a very important piece of the puzzle, it being sent to C. Miller is a 92% safe bet, but I do not want to give the impression that I know with 100% certainty that it was sent to Miller.

For those of us born in the late 70s forward - understanding a telegram is a bit challenging. I have spent time considering why a telegram and not a phone call? Then I remembered my grandma always telling me about party lines (which was the norm back then - all your neighbors could hear what you were doing / saying if they wanted). She always laughs at the part where she was flirting with some guy she had a crush on - and then the next day, everyone was making fun of the things they were saying to each other. ;)

In Travis' case, being on a party line, and discussing the acquisition of something of considerable value could have very well put a financial target on his back to those that could listen in to his call - and also put a target on the back of the other end of the call - the owner of the rocks.

RMG1976
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:56 am
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Here is what happened

Post by RMG1976 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:26 pm

While I wait until 5, I'm going to go back thru and review things that I have brought up that I could back up with corroboration, per your very valid request. I had originally thought I would type the story out all together, then have an index of photos at the end. If the reader(s) would find it easier to have the images in the same post, I can adjust to that as well. No problem! Remembering the password to my Flickr on the other hand - lol. Give me a few

nobody
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:21 pm
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Here is what happened

Post by nobody » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:33 pm

I vote for the original plan. Good story.

User avatar
deducer
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:58 am
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Here is what happened

Post by deducer » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:39 pm

RMG1976 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:21 pm
Thanks for the input, Arthur.

Just so we are clear, however, I want to reiterate that the telegram is a very important piece of the puzzle, it being sent to C. Miller is a 92% safe bet, but I do not want to give the impression that I know with 100% certainty that it was sent to Miller.

For those of us born in the late 70s forward - understanding a telegram is a bit challenging. I have spent time considering why a telegram and not a phone call? Then I remembered my grandma always telling me about party lines (which was the norm back then - all your neighbors could hear what you were doing / saying if they wanted). She always laughs at the part where she was flirting with some guy she had a crush on - and then the next day, everyone was making fun of the things they were saying to each other. ;)

In Travis' case, being on a party line, and discussing the acquisition of something of considerable value could have very well put a financial target on his back to those that could listen in to his call - and also put a target on the back of the other end of the call - the owner of the rocks.
A telegram would not have offered much better privacy, in that it exists on paper for all to see, should MIller have gotten careless and mislaid it.

My thinking is that in initiating an offer via telegram, TT wanted to start creating a paper trail in case Miller reneged somewhere down the road, or as some sort of documentation process. If Miller had wired back "yes," then TT would have most certainly brought that telegram with him the next time he traveled to Phoenix.

RMG1976
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:56 am
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Here is what happened

Post by RMG1976 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:46 pm

deducer wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:39 pm
RMG1976 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:21 pm
Thanks for the input, Arthur.

Just so we are clear, however, I want to reiterate that the telegram is a very important piece of the puzzle, it being sent to C. Miller is a 92% safe bet, but I do not want to give the impression that I know with 100% certainty that it was sent to Miller.

For those of us born in the late 70s forward - understanding a telegram is a bit challenging. I have spent time considering why a telegram and not a phone call? Then I remembered my grandma always telling me about party lines (which was the norm back then - all your neighbors could hear what you were doing / saying if they wanted). She always laughs at the part where she was flirting with some guy she had a crush on - and then the next day, everyone was making fun of the things they were saying to each other. ;)

In Travis' case, being on a party line, and discussing the acquisition of something of considerable value could have very well put a financial target on his back to those that could listen in to his call - and also put a target on the back of the other end of the call - the owner of the rocks.
A telegram would not have offered much better privacy, in that it exists on paper for all to see, should MIller have gotten careless and mislaid it.

My thinking is that in initiating an offer via telegram, TT wanted to start creating a paper trail in case Miller reneged somewhere down the road, or as some sort of documentation process. If Miller had wired back "yes," then TT would have most certainly brought that telegram with him the next time he traveled to Phoenix.

Thats actually a very interesting point / observation and sound reasoning. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts - I hadn't thought of that scenario.

Its conversations like these that I hope that we can continue to have. After all, this story truly doesn't belong to any of us, but all of us.

Thanks again Arthur!

RMG1976
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:56 am
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Here is what happened

Post by RMG1976 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:38 pm

Here is the initial development contract and very beginning stages with Discovery Channel. I have redacted confidential / personal information. Showing evidence that indeed we were on our way with Discovery Channel, just like I had always said.

ImageDiscovery by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr



Lynda and I were discussing the importance of uploading a page from the manuscript so that you can see how the book looks, Travis' writing style, and for you also to confirm that I am copying things correctly. I decided to use the page with the discovery of the small grey stone.

When I got the book, I did edit grammar and other minor word usage for publication. It was from that copy that I copy / paste in my previous posts.

I know there is always going to be a gripe of "I can't see the entire page, some of it is blocked, etc". I am doing the best I can within the confines of respect and decency to the family and other professional colleagues.

All of this information is copyright, so please do not post / publish / print (Greg Davis!) any of this anywhere. It will severely limit any future posts.

ImageChallenge for Superstition Gold by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr


This is all I can see from what I have posted thus far that I can share.
Last edited by RMG1976 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cubfan64
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:00 am
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Here is what happened

Post by cubfan64 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:41 pm

I vote stick to the original plan and provide as much "evidence" as you can along the way.

As an aside question, I was doing some reading on Charlie Miller today over lunch and found some references suggesting that he was known to use more than a couple alias's. I'm not asking for specifics, but did you run across anything like that in all your research? Just thinking out loud - if it's really true he used more than a couple or a few different names trying to trace stuff to him has to get really messy.

RMG1976
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:56 am
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Here is what happened

Post by RMG1976 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:43 pm

cubfan64 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:41 pm
I vote stick to the original plan and provide as much "evidence" as you can along the way.

As an aside question, I was doing some reading on Charlie Miller today over lunch and found some references suggesting that he was known to use more than a couple alias's. I'm not asking for specifics, but did you run across anything like that in all your research? Just thinking out loud - if it's really true he used more than a couple or a few different names trying to trace stuff to him has to get really messy.
Would you be willing to share any of the alias' that you came across? Id be more than happy to verify if I have any of those same names in any of the materials.

Post Reply