The "PERALTA STONE MAPS"

Moderator: Jim_b

GunnyF
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: The "PERALTA STONE MAPS"

Post by GunnyF »

SH,
I'm going out in November. I found a likely spot (as likely as any) for the LDM. It fits most of the clues supposedly left behind by Waltz. I am a Recon Marine by trade, so maps and aerial photography/SAT is my expertise. If you consider that the large hole in the map is Weavers Needle and the Arrow points to the north face of Bluff Spring Mountain, then the two images can be overlaid for a fairly accurate match up (so I think haha). I will let you know if my theory holds water or not, but I have found a likely area on the ground to take a look at.

The search is real interesting. I can see why people are so easily hooked!
Gunny
deducer
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: The "PERALTA STONE MAPS"

Post by deducer »

GunnyF wrote:SH,
I'm going out in November. I found a likely spot (as likely as any) for the LDM. It fits most of the clues supposedly left behind by Waltz. I am a Recon Marine by trade, so maps and aerial photography/SAT is my expertise. If you consider that the large hole in the map is Weavers Needle and the Arrow points to the north face of Bluff Spring Mountain, then the two images can be overlaid for a fairly accurate match up (so I think haha). I will let you know if my theory holds water or not, but I have found a likely area on the ground to take a look at.

The search is real interesting. I can see why people are so easily hooked!
Gunny
Welcome to the site, Gunny.

Being a Recon, you would undoubtedly enjoy a rugged hike or two in the Supes.

If you are intend on finding the LDM, you may want to do a little more research and find out how many people have done what you just theorized.