THE STORY OF THE STONE CROSSES

Moderator: Jim_b

Jim Hatt

Re: THE STORY OF THE STONE CROSSES

Post by Jim Hatt »

somehiker wrote: If I'm right,and can prove it,I'm gonna need some help with what will need to be done in that regard. :idea:

Regards:SH.
That's no major problem SH. If you ever get to that point. Just shoot me an email with some convincing photos that you have located something significant. If I am convinced by the photos. I will introduce you to some people, who are capable of cutting through a lot of red tape, and making doorways appear, in what looks like an impenetrable wall to you and me.

Jim
somehiker
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by somehiker »

Thanks Jim:
That and thats all that I'm looking for.I will let you know when I have the best photos that I can get.The ones that I already have are actually convincing enough for even the skeptics,but I need more close ups with better detail.Until then,I have decided to keep what I already have under wraps.In the meantime,I still have research to do as well as planning for my next trip.

Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Don't get your hopes too high, too fast SH.

Those close up photos can have a way of sending you right back to square one, and making you revise your whole theory. ;)

Jim
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

There is always that possibility,and it wouldn't be the first time I could be seen with a "duh" expression plastered all over my face. :? ...But that is why the closeups are necessary,especially with regard to the items listed on the face of the latin heart.
If I can find any objects,which may have been exposed by erosion,that fit the definition of "treasure" according to permit requirements,a few closeups may be a good thing to have. ;)

Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

SH,

I started my research into Treasure trove permits back in the early 1990's, when I found, what I thought was a walled up cave. I had not actually been to it at the time, just photographed it from a distance with a zoom lens. In the end. A close up inspection determined that it was nothing but a badly fractured wall of solid material. But, the experience was not a total loss. I did learn a lot from it.

I have a copy of a blank Treasure Trove Permit somewhere. I will find it, and post a copy in a new Topic titled "Treasure Trove Permits". As you will see when you review it. Whether or not a permit is issued, is totally at the discretion of the Forest Service.

UPDATE: A copy of the Treasure trove permit Application can be found at:

http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1682
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

There is always a wrench hidden behind somebody's back.
The Scott Woods thread on another forum was,at the time,very informative on this topic.The plot line that prompted the discussion was a bit zany though. :lol:

Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Sh,

I have never heard his name mentioned in connection with the Superstitions. What office does he work out of?

Jim
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Actually it's "JScott Wood",Jim,out of the TontoNF. office.
Here's the link.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/ ... 828.0.html

Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

That's why I never heard his name before!
Thanks SH,
Jim
gollum

Post by gollum »

Hey Jim,

Scott Wood is a really nice guy. He's the Chief Archaeologist for Tonto NF. He has worked there for 26 or 27 years, and has been living in the area for 36 or 37 years. We have corresponded a lot over the years.

But like you said, they have seen and heard every kind of crackpot scam artist in the world, and are VERY skeptical. He used to tell me about Blindbowman calling and emailing him a million times, and also someone more recent that you know from here he wanted to avoid.

Somehiker,

As part of your Treasure Trove Permitting Process, you would have to have an Archaeological Assessment done on your site, proving that there are no historically important leavings where you want to dig. Scott Wood would be a very handy friend to have in that regard.

Best-Mike