THE HOLMES MANUSCRIPT

Moderator: Jim_b

roward
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: THE HOLMES MANUSCRIPT

Post by roward »

Now that you mention it, I seem to recall reading that somewhere, too. It must have been online since I don't have that many books about the Lost Dutchman.
roward

Post by roward »

Are there any maps easily available which show the "old military trail" or the "old government trail" cited by Waltz on Pg. 59 of the manuscript?
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Bob,

See my message to Trent at http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic. ... 6930#p6930

I am working on a new topic titled "The Oldest trail Through The Superstitions" which will have old maps and stories about the "Old Spanish trail" through the mountains. I should have it posted in a few days.

Jim
roward

Post by roward »

Great!
roward

Post by roward »

Jim,
How is work on "the oldest trail" topic coming?
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

It is finished Bob, but I have decided not to post any new Topics until there is more participation in the current ones. There are too many non-registered users helping themselves to the information available here, and contributing nothing in return.

I Look at it like a Savings Account. You can only make so many withdrawals before you have to make a deposit.

I probably should have limited access to the "Lost Dutchman Mine" Sub-Forum to Registered Members who actively participate in the discussions, with interesting or informative posts that display a serious interest in the subject.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of moving in that direction.
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

Jim Hatt wrote:It is finished Bob, but I have decided not to post any new Topics until there is more participation in the current ones. There are too many non-registered users helping themselves to the information available here, and contributing nothing in return.
I couldn't agree more, Jim. Numerous views but very few contributors. I don't mind sharing information and interesting stories with others, but it would be nice to get a little feedback from those other than the regular posters.
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

Plays In The Dirt wrote:
Jim Hatt wrote:It is finished Bob, but I have decided not to post any new Topics until there is more participation in the current ones. There are too many non-registered users helping themselves to the information available here, and contributing nothing in return.
I couldn't agree more, Jim. Numerous views but very few contributors. I don't mind sharing information and interesting stories with others, but it would be nice to get a little feedback from those other than the regular posters.
And this applies to "All The Forums."
roward

Post by roward »

Jim,
I hope you include me as one of those seriously interested users!
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Plays In The Dirt wrote:

And this applies to "All The Forums."

I'm glad that you agree Greg. I hate to refer to them as "Freeloaders", because a lot of them are probably just shy, or uncomfortable communicating via this format.

The only reply I have to that is... Get over it. We all had to learn sometime. There are Moderators all over the Forums, that spend a lot of time helping people learn how to use the site. There's no excuse.

Some of them have been participating in Online Forums for a long time, and are wise to how quickly the atmosphere can go from warm and friendly, to one of discontent and constant conflict. Can't blame them for being "shy". Nobody enjoys participating in a Forum, when they have to tolerate that kind of atmosphere.

I believe the "Silent ones" probably have the most to offer in the way of intelligent conversation. It is up to you an me (and the other Moderators) to show them that bad attitudes will not be tolerated.

The challenge lies in accomplishing that without reflecting the image of being narrow minded or having a "Bad Attitude" ourselves.