GENERAL DISCUSSION - Anything related to the LDM

Moderator: Jim_b

somehiker
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Anything related to the LDM

Post by somehiker »

No Mick. The DHS already knows about those. :shock:

Thanks musician. I think those photos are among the many on display at the SMM.
scorpionfan2012

Post by scorpionfan2012 »

AshtonPage wrote:Hi Homar,

I'm going from memory here (always a dangerous thing) but I think Clay mentioned Waltz killing the two soldiers in his video presentation. If that is correct then your theory could be accurate.

The question I would have with Waltz killing the two soldiers is; what do we do about the Panknin story? Panknin got a map from the Saloon Swamper (sometimes he's called Blank or Clubfoot) who left town and went to Alaska and later made a map of the mine.

Clubfoot dissapeared during the time the two soldiers returned to the mine and when returned to town he had pocket-fulls of money.

I have come to the conclusion that whoever can discount all the mud that is clouding up the waters will be able to walk right to the mine.

Thanks Homar - you gave me something to think about.

Best,
Ashton
Dylan Hatt

Post by Dylan Hatt »

Hey everyone, just joined the forums. I've been lurking around for a few weeks now just kind of staring at the Latin Heart and Google Earth when I get time. Is it safe to say that Meridies Cacumen refers to Weavers Needle and that perhaps the roman numeral on the opposite side, same position "( I )" refers to the above ground elevation (1,000 ft structure) of Weavers Needle? If so then the heart would represent a marked out area in the mountains. I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed that from GE the area sort of looks like the outline of a heart. I don't know, I feel way behind on this and can't really get a grasp enough to catch up. Any required reading on this? I wan't to make a trip out later this year. I'm in California so the drive wouldn't be bad if I took a couple leave days.
deducer

Post by deducer »

Dylan Hatt wrote:Hey everyone, just joined the forums. I've been lurking around for a few weeks now just kind of staring at the Latin Heart and Google Earth when I get time. Is it safe to say that Meridies Cacumen refers to Weavers Needle and that perhaps the roman numeral on the opposite side, same position "( I )" refers to the above ground elevation (1,000 ft structure) of Weavers Needle? If so then the heart would represent a marked out area in the mountains. I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed that from GE the area sort of looks like the outline of a heart. I don't know, I feel way behind on this and can't really get a grasp enough to catch up. Any required reading on this? I wan't to make a trip out later this year. I'm in California so the drive wouldn't be bad if I took a couple leave days.
Welcome to the forum, Dylan.

Any relation to Jim Hatt?

Two things I would advise you to do:

1) Before you take that trip, you may want to do a lot more research. There is plenty of information in the five pages on this part of the forum. There are also two other forums with more information. Whether your area of interest is in the Stone Maps or in the LDM, you should be able to find threads devoted to either subject.

2) Google Earth only became available to the public sometimes in 2005, so it is extremely doubtful that whoever made the Latin Heart intended it to be used in conjunction with Google Earth, so you may want to not depend on it.
Dylan Hatt

Post by Dylan Hatt »

deducer wrote: Welcome to the forum, Dylan.

1) Before you take that trip, you may want to do a lot more research. There is plenty of information in the five pages on this part of the forum. There are also two other forums with more information. Whether your area of interest is in the Stone Maps or in the LDM, you should be able to find threads devoted to either subject.

2) Google Earth only became available to the public sometimes in 2005, so it is extremely doubtful that whoever made the Latin Heart intended it to be used in conjunction with Google Earth, so you may want to not depend on it.
Yes, Jim was my Grandfather. We never met before he passed and researching him was what brought me here. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!
babymick1

Post by babymick1 »

Dylan Hatt wrote:
deducer wrote: Welcome to the forum, Dylan.

Yes, Jim was my Grandfather. We never met before he passed and researching him was what brought me here. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!

Dylan

Not to be to forward, But to understand a man I must ask the question, What kind of riff would be in the family not to see gramps. I've never met mine on either side
they passed in the fifties, I was born in the sixties.

Take Care Babymick1
deducer

Post by deducer »

Dylan Hatt wrote: Yes, Jim was my Grandfather. We never met before he passed and researching him was what brought me here. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!
Dylan,

That's quite interesting. Your grandfather was one of the more serious and level-headed researchers of the Stone Maps mystery.

Feel free to post more and ask any questions you may have; happy to discuss anything.

Although I didn't know your grandfather who also passed before I had a chance to meet him, I believe that 'somehiker' did. I am sure he will post on this thread, eventually.
Rex Western

Post by Rex Western »

Hey Dylan,
I spent quite a bit of time with your grandfather. Went in the mountains w him. If you wanna email me, I will be glad to answer your Latin Heart question. Jim was a true believer in it. Rex.western1@gmail.com
Brad W.

Post by Brad W. »

Last edited by Brad W. on Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.
coazon de oro

Post by coazon de oro »

Willkommen zuruck Brad W.

Good to see you posting again.

Homar