GENERAL DISCUSSION - Anything related to the LDM

Moderator: Jim_b

cubfan64
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Anything related to the LDM

Post by cubfan64 »

Jim Hatt wrote:Cubfan,

To be more precise, I think Dan told me he was Tom Glover's Nephew by Marriage. If I remember correctly, Tom is Dan's step Mother's brother.

Jim
Jim - thanks for the clarification
Karon

Post by Karon »

Hello
I am new to this message board, yet looking forward to learning more about LDM.
Thank you
Karon
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Welcome to the Forum Karon!

New to the message board yes. But I happen to know you have been interested in the LDM for a long time!
Can't fool me! :D

Enjoy yourself

Jim
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Welcome to the forum rklein,

I'm really glad to see you found it! It's been a long time!

Hope all is well with you, and look forward to your participation in one or more of the Topics.

Jim
Zen

Post by Zen »

Hate to change the subject but while I know something of this story, I believe it is something that with todays technology is worth a thought or two.

Quite a few years ago the Historical society and the Cemetery association were looking into exhuming Walts body to make a possible identification of his remains.

What is fascinating is that we could know how he died, was it really a sustained illness or sudden turn for the worse. How tall was he? The color of his eyes,hair? Was he buried clothed and with careful preparation or just hurriedly dumped? A composite could be done that would give us an idea of what he looked like to compare to some of the reputed photos of him. All the above could verify or dispel a number of personal accounts of Waltz.

I know there was some issue with funding and perhaps the technology wasn't going to do that much. The whole thing just kind of passed along and outside of a conversation I had with Greg Davis concerning it, I have never heard it brought up again.

Maybe this is something for the next generation of Dutch Hunters? Starting back at the beginning?
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

I don't think Anyone will ever dig up Waltz. When Glenn Magill was researching Waltz, he learned that his grave site (Lot 19, Grave 4) had been paved over, and now lies somewhere under the far Southern lane of Jefferson St. I have contact information for the man (A former city Employee) that went through the city records with Magill back in the 60's and is now living in Mesa.

If you want to talk to him about it, and bring all the details to light Zen. You can send me an email and I will provide you with his name, address and phone number. But, I do not want to post it online.

We should start a new topic in your name, for waltz's grave site, if you (or anyone else) want to take it that far.

Jim

Link to my e-mail address: http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic. ... 169#p12169
Zen

Post by Zen »

If it elicits any further discussion, than thats a good idea. If not we can let it rest here.
stewed03064

Post by stewed03064 »

jim i must say this stuff is great your site here has got me hooked i cant get enough your knowledge on the subject is exceptional keep it up iwas reading one of the threads about the bark notes and i noticed you e mailed them to someone else on the site i was wondering if you might be able to e mail them to me as i can only imagine it must be great reading thank you for your time
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

I can do that Stew,

It is great reading. Like everything else related to the LDM, I just don't know how much truth is in it.

Link to my e-mail address: http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic. ... 169#p12169
stewed03064

Post by stewed03064 »

jim thanks