GENERAL DISCUSSION - Anything related to the LDM

Moderator: Jim_b

mrk
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Anything related to the LDM

Post by mrk »

Last edited by mrk on Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
ANW

Post by ANW »

I don't think any person other than another German will ever find the LDM. In my opinion, Americans think differently than Germans. Jacob Waltz was a German. The mine is supposedly in Arizona. And to find the LDM I would think you would have to be German. I think by now there is enough accurate information with all of the books that has been written on the subject. You would have to eliminate all of the fiction from the facts.
mrk

Post by mrk »

Ronn

Post by Ronn »

Hello Dutch Hunters. Allow me to introduce myself. We are Ronn Nickel and my wife (Hannelore), both Germans and in late retirement, living in Los Angeles. We have never been to the superstitions, and due to the fact I am disabled with rheumatoid arthritis and barely able to walk, I have had to limit my exploration to some 15 books that I presently have, including Ely Sims. So why am I writing on this website? At my age I have done and seen almost everything except the LDM. So I am hoping that I may learn even more than my books tell me. And perhaps will even come up with more ideas re the LDM. In that light I would more than appreciate any and all words of wisdom that anyone may have to offer. No, I guess I am not a Dutch Hunter in the true sense of the word...and yet??? Incidentally, the first book that came into my library was The Sterling Legend by Estee Conatser. Today Amazon is selling the book for $412.00.
Ronn
Bob Baxa

Post by Bob Baxa »

Hello Ronn: Welcome to the forum. There's an awful lot of solid information about the history of the Superstitions and the LDM out there to be had. Hopefully one of the books you have is "The Golden Drean" by T. E. Glover. It's well researched and written. And, if you need answers to any questions that can't be provided by members of the forum, there's always the historical society archives. The LDM is fascinating subject matter and research can become a full-time job! (No pay of course!)

Bob
Ronn

Post by Ronn »

Thank you Bob for your warm welcome and ideas. And yes, I have the book, The Golden Dream. Look forward to learning a lot from this forum.
Ronn
Bob Baxa

Post by Bob Baxa »

There's a huge amount of knowledge available on this forum from the best Dutch hunters in the world. And, a huge number of them follow this forum. Your best bet is to just post a question about the information you need, I'm sure someone knows something about it. Personally, I only know information pertinent to the location of the mine site....I call that the "what and where" of Dutch hunting. However, there are hundreds of individuals who are also familiar with the "who, why, when, and how" concerning the Superstitions and the LDM. Stay safe,
Bob Baxa
samlovo

Post by samlovo »

A relative in ND was related to Al Morrow. I've been to his camps in Needle Canyon and got curious at where he was buried after he was killed by landslide in 1970. I traced it to the Mountain View Memorial Cemetery where they have information of the plot purchase, but no record of the burial. I also heard he was buried in at the Florence Cemetery. Maybe Tom K can help locate the grave.
tstevie

Post by tstevie »

Here is a story you might find of interest. First about me: Went to work for the City of Phoenix in the now defunct Engineering Department in June of 1970. Sometime in 1972 I became friends with an older man who worked in the Utility Section of the Engineering Department named Ed Flagg, who was the curator of the Flagg Foundation at that time. He told me this about Jacob Waltz/Lost Dutchman Mine. He said his father was the state mine inspector during the time Jacob Waltz was alive and that Waltz showed his father a sample(s)? of the ore he mined from the Lost Dutchman. Ed said his father told him, that the samples looked like Vulture mine ore and it was his father’s opinion that Waltz was high grading the ore and the Dutchman mine was a cover story to hide his theft. He also showed me a map inscribed on flagstone that he claimed showed the Peralta mine (sorry people I just glanced at it and do not really remember anything.)
Mescalero1

Post by Mescalero1 »

Ronn wrote:Hello Dutch Hunters. Allow me to introduce myself. We are Ronn Nickel and my wife (Hannelore), both Germans and in late retirement, living in Los Angeles. We have never been to the superstitions, and due to the fact I am disabled with rheumatoid arthritis and barely able to walk, I have had to limit my exploration to some 15 books that I presently have, including Ely Sims. So why am I writing on this website? At my age I have done and seen almost everything except the LDM. So I am hoping that I may learn even more than my books tell me. And perhaps will even come up with more ideas re the LDM. In that light I would more than appreciate any and all words of wisdom that anyone may have to offer. No, I guess I am not a Dutch Hunter in the true sense of the word...and yet??? Incidentally, the first book that came into my library was The Sterling Legend by Estee Conatser. Today Amazon is selling the book for $412.00.
Ronn
Ronn, looks like you are the first one that I have seen in all my years on this subject that has anything to show for the LDM. Good Job!