115' TUNNEL IN THE MILLER MINES AREA-OPPOSITE SIDE OF RIDGE

Moderator: Jim_b

Jim Hatt

Re: 115' TUNNEL IN THE MILLER MINES AREA-OPPOSITE SIDE OF RIDGE

Post by Jim Hatt »

Hello Iceman,

Like djui said welcome to the forum, and the need for a good light to make an evaluation of what you are looking at in a dark tunnel is very important. All I had to look it over with was a small flashlight. It is true that the camera flash lighted it up real good for the photo, but it didn't help me any when I was there. I didn't see what was exposed by the flash until after I got home and downloaded the photo to my PC.

I believe as you do, that there is more to see there than what meets the eye as it is right now. There are no visible signs of mineral anywhere in the tunnel. So... I they weren't mining as they went in, what were they digging towards?

There are no landmarks in the area around it, that would tie this tunnel in with any "Lost Mine" legends, so I never got real interested in it. That could be a mistake, but I have too many other loose ends hanging, to devote much time to this one.

It is just something I found while passing through the area. One more Unsolved Mystery of Superstition Mountains!
Jim