Back packable dry washer.

Moderator: Jim_b

castle
The middle number please (4): 7

Re: Back packable dry washer.

Post by castle »

How did we get from working the floor to working the vein? I believe that happend when djui5 asked me about where I took the samples from

I've been thinking that if the only way to get a drywasher in, is by backpacking it. It would be pretty difficult to haul any hard rock mining equipment in there. That it would, but it's been done before.

Do you have any idea of how much work and expense, it is to get One Ton of hard rock material out of a vein, crush it, and separate the gold from it? Yes I do.

Working the loose material on the floor might prove to be profitable if you could get enough water back in there to wet-process it, or move enough of it to where there is water available. It would be a job, but's it's doable. When they were workingg the 8Oz. mine just around the corner from me, they laid pvc pipe up the hill and pumped air or water up to the mine.

The cable system you describe, means someone probably had a Dam built in the bottom of the canyon, to catch and store run off from the rains, for wet processing the material. No dam was built. The guys that were working it were hauling the ore to Mojave to a custom mill. They figured they were making double wages doing that.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Where there is a will, there is a way, for anyone with the right amount of determination.

I'm sure you will find someone willing to give it a try. With the unemployment rate going up almost as fast as the price of gold. I will get more attractive all the time.
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

castle wrote: Do you have any idea of how much work and expense, it is to get One Ton of hard rock material out of a vein?
No Problem at all - much less than one bucket.

Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Wow Greg!

I didn't know you had one of those!
Could I borrow it for a weekend? :D

Jim
Iggy
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by Iggy »

Don & I just bought one of these. I think we can work something out :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

I need one like Greg's. His has a bucket on the front. ?
Mrs.Oroblanco

Post by Mrs.Oroblanco »

Just for general information, Keene puts out a packable dry washer.

http://www.keeneeng.com/Merchant2/merch ... gory_Code=

Its a little heavy (70 pounds) and a tad expensive - $549.00 - but....................if it does what you want it to do, to me, it would be worth it.

Keene also sells the hand-crank smaller ones.

Sorry Jim,

I only have a Case 580 Backhoe (with bucket) - but it doesn't go anywhere without me!! ;)
Rick from Kali

Post by Rick from Kali »

Castle,
did you get anyone to help you yet. when is the next time that you will be getting out this way i am in the palmdale lancaster area. i know some one with equipment that might be able to help you out Rick45704570@yahoo.com
Rick