Are the stone Maps Authentic or are they a Hoax?

Moderator: gollum

gollum
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Are the stone Maps Authentic or are they a Hoax?

Post by gollum »

Jim,

Aurum (Matthew Kraig Roberts) absolutely believes in Azmula's Hypothesis. I have several emails from him regarding the subject.

Aurum has done a lot of research himself and for the most part, everything he has told me about the Stone Maps has been found out by me to be the way it is. There are some things that don't quite jibe, that I am still looking at, but the largest part of what he told me is true (mostly regarding MOEL Inc, and the Stones being donated to the Museum).

We exchanged several emails a few years ago, and he gave me a lot of information (some of it private). I took it all in, and like all other info I find, I started looking for corroboration. So far, most everything he told me has been corroborated by second and sometimes third sources. I am still not convinced about the whole Arizpe Mission thing, though.

I think I also worded my post poorly. I wasn't asking Jim to explain anything. I was putting that question to Aurum to answer.

Best-Mike
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Morning Mike,

I always find it best to let individuals state themselves what they "absolutely believe" rather than speaking for them. Accountability goes down the drain, when information like that is passed on second hand.

If Matthew has something to say, let him say it himself, and stand accountable for it, and answer the replies. If it is private info, that he does not want to discuss in an open forum, then you probably should not be bringing it up in one either. Right?
Jim Hatt wrote:I think I also worded my post poorly. I wasn't asking Jim to explain anything. I was putting that question to Aurum to answer.
That is the way it should be done. And... he should put his name at the bottom of it, and not post it anonymously.
Last edited by Jim Hatt on Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
rchjr

Post by rchjr »

JIm,

I dont think the tumlinsons found those stones where they say they did. What changed my mind was finding out that grandfather tumlinson ( I think it was their grandfather ) was a treasure hunter.

I dont believe the bilbrey crosses are part of the stone maps..

NO I dont think Elisha Reavis had anything to do with the stone maps.

I also am not quite sure they ( stone maps ) have anything to do with the Superstitions. I believe they were made to look like they did.

I also have handled and photographed the stone maps that are at the mines and minerals museum.

I am not sure of the Arizpe connection, but.........map rocks like the stone maps were made to be burried, because of their size. Azmula during his research found that some stone maps were unearthed by the Franciscans after they took over after the Jesuit expulsion in the map makers bedroom under his bed. Not sure if these stone maps are those, but they certianly are the kind that would be buried. These stone maps are not the kind that are to be left out in the open where they are found.......to small. I beleive the starting point would be from where the found unearthed.

I also believe that Jesuits made them!

Hope you dont mind me putting in my two cents worth here Jim.

Rchjr
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

rchjr,

I don't mind at all. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. As long as it does not come right out and call them fakes, you won't ruffle my feathers too much. Your 2 cents worth is accepted, and I'll even toss you a penny back for change.

re: Azmula's research & conclusions: They have not withstood the test of cross examination as of yet. I would not rush into any other conclusions based on them too fast there. I will not even allow them in this forum, unless he puts his name on them, and stands accountable for them..

;)

Jim
rchjr

Post by rchjr »

Jim,

I havent rushed to any judgements as of yet, all I said was these stone maps are the kind that are to be buried. I am still not sure azmulas findings are correct about them being the same stone maps.

I have my own beliefs about them, but thats all it is..........beliefs ;)

Rchjr
Mountain Hiker

Post by Mountain Hiker »

Hello to all of you on here. I'm an old school sort of Treasure Hunter. Just like others on here.

As far as the Peralta Stones being real or not I believe them to be real and know this not from some book or past story but from my own experiences out there on foot. I've been working a few area's for about nine years now and have discovered many different aspects of the PSM's are real as compared to the Trail Maps which seem to be based on real maps but possibly forged from the real McCoy's.

What intrigues me is the reference to Infinity in the number eight at the bottom of Priest map. 8-N-P Those inserts are part of the last directions that are included in the final eye of the Skull. That map has an N, H and a "F" included as well. The N and H are numerical coding with the 8 as the symbol for Infinity. This final map is formed in a triangle with a five pointed star at the N. The star is an eastern symbol but the numerical of the N is 13 or broken down is 4. The P is on top the final mine skull's head as a papal signed cross. The P is number 15 which is also broken into a four through subtraction. Both are included in the Four Heart on the Priest Map. That Skull holds the keys to the Priest Map and the Treasures of this stone.

Thank you,

Billy
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Hello Billy and welcome to the forums!

You give a guy a lot to digest in your first post! :lol:
A lot of what you wrote hit pretty close to home with me. I suspect the rest may too once I have digested it all.

re: The old school? Is that the one where you find the mine first, and then you announce to the world later that you found it? That's the school I went to. There seems to be a new school of sorts these days, where everyone makes the announcement first, (based on their Google Earth sightings) and then tries to find someone to go out and verify they are correct. :?

There is nothing closer to my heart, than a Stone Map believer that has concluded that they are authentic, based on his own experiences in the mountains.

Welcome aboard!

Jim
gollum

Post by gollum »

Mountain Hiker wrote:Hello to all of you on here. I'm an old school sort of Treasure Hunter. Just like others on here.

As far as the Peralta Stones being real or not I believe them to be real and know this not from some book or past story but from my own experiences out there on foot. I've been working a few area's for about nine years now and have discovered many different aspects of the PSM's are real as compared to the Trail Maps which seem to be based on real maps but possibly forged from the real McCoy's.

What intrigues me is the reference to Infinity in the number eight at the bottom of Priest map. 8-N-P Those inserts are part of the last directions that are included in the final eye of the Skull. That map has an N, H and a "F" included as well. The N and H are numerical coding with the 8 as the symbol for Infinity. This final map is formed in a triangle with a five pointed star at the N. The star is an eastern symbol but the numerical of the N is 13 or broken down is 4. The P is on top the final mine skull's head as a papal signed cross. The P is number 15 which is also broken into a four through subtraction. Both are included in the Four Heart on the Priest Map. That Skull holds the keys to the Priest Map and the Treasures of this stone.

Thank you,

Billy
Hey Bill-y,
;)

Very interesting post. Like Jim said, a lot to digest. I'm not too sure about the whole Papal Cross thing, but you never know.

Best-Mike
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

Ditto - Welcome to DesertUSA Billy! Thank you for sharing!
Roy ~ Oroblanco
Mountain Hiker

Post by Mountain Hiker »

Thanks for the welcome from all of you.

Bill-y?

MH