Are the stone Maps Authentic or are they a Hoax?

Moderator: gollum

babymick1
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Are the stone Maps Authentic or are they a Hoax?

Post by babymick1 »

[quote="i-tsari-tsu-i"]Mike,

[2. He and his friend would sit for hours trying to figure out the maps, and Travis would stick his finger in the big hole on the lower map stone and say "If I could find where this is, I'd be a millionaire!"]

I,m afraid that would of only got old Travis the time of day.

Babymick1
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

So Mick....what would the time,if that is what the hole means,tell you about the map ? ;)

Regards:SH.
babymick1

Post by babymick1 »

In the jest of the old west! "HIGH NOON"

But now how to use the hole in the map, hum.

Babymick1
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

"High Noon" maybe.
But which day of the year,and at what degree ?

Regards:SH.
gollum

Post by gollum »

Joe,

You answered my question about Walter Perrine on another thread. HAHAHAHA It's hell getting old!

I actually hadn't heard the story about the torches on the Needle. One more thing to add to the plus side of the Weaver's Needle Treasure Saga!

Homar,

Them being floor stones was Azmula's thought. I actually prefer the idea that they may have been set in a wall. The cross on the outside. Nothing out of place in a Mission Chapel. The word "DON". Maybe it marked the tomb of a dead DON of a family in the mission? I can think of literally dozens of ways the map sides could have been hidden in a mission.

I am swayed to the mission theory because of two main things (funny that they are the exact same two things you use for proof):

1. The Horse/Priest Stone. In the Peck Letters, one of Peck's Investigators that is talking with the guy that Travis T. showed the stones and spent a lot of time with him trying to figure them out, told the investigator when asked how many and what stones he saw, said there were three stones. The two map stones and a heart shaped stone that fit in one of the maps. The investigator asked him about another stone with a horse on it, and was told in no uncertain terms that he never saw that stone.

2. In the picture of the stone maps on the bumper of the car, you can clearly see that the heart insert had at some time been broken into four pieces and glued back together. In no version of Travis' Story does he ever say anything about breaking the heart insert or finding it broken. That picture was supposedly taken just hours after Travis found the stones. Stands to reason that the heart was broken before. Did someone glue it and rehide the stones? Not likely. I think it more likely that Travis dropped the heart as a kid and broke it at his grandfather's house.

See, I have a slight case of ADD. I constantly run scenarios through my mind. The more thought I give to Travis and the stones, I give more and more credence to the idea that Travis had known about those stones his whole life. I know that for saying that, Jim is probably going to come and haunt me! See, for that to be true, then we have to throw out the Latin Heart and the Bilbrey Crosses. OH! I can hear Jim starting to turn over!

Mike
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Double-Jack Inc.
Last edited by silent hunter on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

Kurt - are you referring to the Latin Heart that Jim said was made out of a black slate-like material that was eventually destroyed?
i-tsari-tsu-i

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

Paul,

Here are two pictures, front and back, of the copies of the Latin Heart that Jim was making. The one I have was a gift.

Take care,

Joe

silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Double-Jack Inc.
Last edited by silent hunter on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

post removed by myself 6/7/12
Last edited by cubfan64 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.