The FACTS Behind Jesuit Rules, Mines, and Treasures

Moderator: gollum

gollum
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: The FACTS Behind Jesuit Rules, Mines, and Treasures

Post by gollum »

..........and just in case you think that Precept meant that they should write their secret letters in Vulgate Latin (which they all knew well), I ask you like I asked someone else:

PLEASE show me one letter written by a Jesuit Priest that was written in Latin. I only ask because I know you can't! There are hundreds of letters in dozens of collections all over the world, and NOT ONE is written in Latin.

Best-Mike
Mrs.Oroblanco

Post by Mrs.Oroblanco »

How about a piece of one?

Beth (Mrs.O)

fragment of Jesuit letter in Latin.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Mike,

That "NEVER" and "Not One" kind of stuff will come around and "Bite" you every time! :lol:

Jim
gollum

Post by gollum »

Mrs.Oroblanco wrote:How about a piece of one?

Beth (Mrs.O)

fragment of Jesuit letter in Latin.jpg
Beth,

Who's it to and from? Have you translated it? Could you send me a higher resolution copy? I have seen literally hundreds of letters from almost every Frontier Jesuit Priest and have NEVER seen one in Latin.

When I actually see the Vulgate Latin and translate it, if it is what it may be, I'll bite my tongue! HAHAHA

Best-Mike
Mrs.Oroblanco

Post by Mrs.Oroblanco »

I wish I could send a better one. The site kind of restricts it. I will try to get a better pic. (and, no, I haven't translated it, I do some Spanish, but not Latin) :) It comes from the Jesuits School of Manuscripts Collection, specifically from
the papers of Jesuits Peter Attwood and his contemporary, Liège student George Thorold. There are volumes in Latin from that site - and in other languages. Most have been "rescued" from various places.

Actually, if you also want to talk a little later time period, 1907 to be exact, there is also something else, which is much easier to translate. (and not a little fragment).

In June, 1907, Father Francis Xavier Wernz, SJ (Society of Jesus - Superior General of the Society at the time), issued a formal decree that the New Orleans Mission would be raised in rank to a Province and Governance. He also wrote a letter of congratulations. His decree was written in latin.

Also, if you look at Jesuit Relations (the French Colonial), there is alot of letters written in latin.

Beth (Mrs.O)

Fr Francis Xavier Wernz SJ.jpg

provencial declaration.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gollum

Post by gollum »

OOOOOOOOOOOOKay,

I guess I should have been a little more specific when I said "never". What I meant was letters from Colonial Jesuit Priests in Northwestern New Spain. I might even extend that dare to include all of Mexico and South America before 1767.

The reason I don't extend the challenge to the entire world is because I haven't studied Jesuits in any depth outside Northwestern New Spain. I know their basic history and actions in Asia and Europe. I know about many of the German Jesuits before leaving Europe and after their return from imprisonment in about 1770, where many of them published their journals.

Best-Mike
Mrs.Oroblanco

Post by Mrs.Oroblanco »

Mike,

When I told you the collection it came from, I didn't specify clearly enough, I think - the "fragment" of letter is from the 1600's. Apparently, they have been collecting and copying all the older stuff they could find. This particular one, looks to me, anyway, like it part of something that was burned, just my opinion.

Its interesting to see some of the stuff in the collection. Of course, I haven't got a clue what the letter is about. :lol:

Beth (Mrs.O)
coazon de oro

Post by coazon de oro »

Hello everyone, I've been busy with my wife who had a fractured spine from a horse fall. I really didn't feel like posting, but here is my opinion as to where much of the confusion lays concerning Jesuits hidden treasures. Jesus used parables in his teachings, such as the parable of hidden treasure Mat. 13:44. When greedy treasure hunters find: Los Tesoros De Las Iglesias De Santa Fe written anywhere, they think they found a lead. It does indeed translate to:The Treasures Of The Churches Of Holy Faith, but does not refer to material treasure. It refers to such things as faith, baptisum, sacraments, etc. When they find: El Tesoro Escondido, written anywhere, they think they hit the jackpot! It does indeed translate to The Hidden Treasure, but does not refer to material treasure. It is La Misa Santa, or Holy Mass where you search in your own heart for the complete treasure which one receives in La Eucarista, or Holy Communion. It is Jesus Christ and eternal life. I hope everyone finds El Tesoro Escondido, now that you know where to look. The churches were adorned with beautiful relics but only the Jesuits were replaced. Homar P. Olivarez
Mrs.Oroblanco

Post by Mrs.Oroblanco »

While I might tend to agree with some of what you say, the fact is that - the Jesuits were never "gotten rid of". Yes, they were thrown out of places - but, they still exist today, so they have persevered.

Besides that, I'm curious as to how you explain the billions of dollars of riches (meaning gold, silver, precious gemstones, etc) that adorn most christian churches? (not just the Jesuit ones).

Rome (The Vatican) is, and has been, in the top ten richest places in the world for a very long time. Also, I make a special note of the point that the "payoffs" for bad priests never did come from the wealth of the Vatican. (the churches were left to their own devices).

There is no treasure in a church of the type you are talking about, in my opinion. Spirituality (and God) does not reside in any building. As the bible says - a church is any place where 2 or more people come together and praise the Lord. That is one of the reasons Jesus threw a whole lot of "holy men" out of the synagogue, isn't it?

Beth (Mrs. O)
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Hello Homar,

Sorry to hear about your wife's accident. Hope she doesn't have any trouble in the healing process. Don't be telling me there ain't not treasure (Silver and Gold) to be found out there. I have been searching for much too long to give up now.

By the way... What were you looking for out there when your wife fell off the horse? :D :o :lol:

Jim