The FACTS Behind Jesuit Rules, Mines, and Treasures

Moderator: gollum

paititi
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: The FACTS Behind Jesuit Rules, Mines, and Treasures

Post by paititi »

The Petroglyphs of Pusharo, thought by some to be a stone maps leading to, or giving clues as to the location of, Paititi, are, in my estimation, unique (in scale) pan-Amazonian symbols motivated by shamanic visions by local (at the time, maybe 200+ years ago) indigenous peoples. Thank you.
rede2rock

Post by rede2rock »

Have you actually been to them ? I ask as I am interested to know if the picture posted is all the carving or is it actually much larger? As in a mural type format. Also are there multiple locations with this kind of depiction or only one ocurrance that has been found?

Thom
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

The heart shaped faces remind me of that of the howler monkey.
Just a thought,since they are indigenous to central and south america.

Regards:Somehiker.
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

An interesting article about Jesuit thinking during the time period prior to that which the Stone Maps,and the expulsion may apply.
Well worth a read.........http://mises.org/about/3238

Regards:Somehiker
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Interesting stuff Wayne,
Thanks for posting the link.

Best,

Jim
alan m

Post by alan m »

Hello Mike
Great research and correct, may I add some tidbits?
Many of the Jesuits in Sonora around 1750 had not taken thier final vows and even though they were bound by the rules of the Jesuit order and thier superiours, it was not necessarily a sin if they did not comply. This opens up a whole lot of possibilities.
Father Och definatly had knowledge of mining and smeltering and he published this information in his book "A Missionary in Sonora", he also gives examples of the rich gold and silver church vestments.
Just a play on words perhaps but the Jesuits did not, by definition, consider church ornaments as treasure, so they would not by lying when they said that they did not possess treasure.
In Juan Nentvigs account "Rudo Ensayo" he describes the many gold church ornaments that adorned every mission in Sonora as well as most of the Visitas.
Father Pefferkorn describes how Juan Nentvig replaced the gold ornaments for a church that had suffered an Apache attack and the Indians had taken away all of the ornaments and church artifacts, the replacement happened within one week!
The historical account of how the Jesuits were rounded up by suprise parallels the account of what happened to the Knights Templar in 1307 and it was for the attainment of thier wealth that they suffered at the hands of the French king.
A read of any of these books should convince even the most skeptic that the Jesuits not only possessed vast riches but that the KIng of Spain had his sights set upon obtaining them.

Best Regards
Alan
Last edited by alan m on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Hello Alan and welcome to the DUSA forums!

It's always nice to see a new member show up, that is willing to share the results of his own research, and bring new information to the discussion. My own focus on the stone maps, has always directed towards how to interrupt them, and how they fit the terrain in the Superstitions. So... A lot of the history about the Jesuits that people like you and Mike bring to the discussion, is all new to me, and very much appreciated!

I hope you find something in the other forums here, (that is based on my field work with the stone maps) that inspires you as much as your post has inspired me.

Best,

Jim
alan m

Post by alan m »

Hello Jim
Thank-you for the warm welcome, I have been interested in the Lost Dutchman Mine ever since my father took me to see the Superstitions when I was just 12 years old, that was in 1969. It is not like it was,( my mother lives at the western base of the mountains along with thousands of others) I on the other hand live in California but I am able to get into the mountains at least twice each season.
My next trip will be in Feburary to complete a survey of an old spanish base camp I discovered in 2007.
Again thank-you for the welcome
Best Regards
Alan
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Hi Alan,

The old Spanish base camp sounds like an interesting find! I hope you get some photos of it the next time you go there. I would love to see them!

Best,

Jim
Cani

Post by Cani »

The Photos would be nice. As far as the Jesuit treasures go, i'm sure there's some out there, though I question how many might have been found by people who didn't know what they were.

Last edited by Cani on Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.