Edgar Cayce's reading on The Lost Dutchman Mine

Moderator: somehiker

Gil Flores
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Edgar Cayce's reading on The Lost Dutchman Mine

Post by Gil Flores »

action14 wrote:Hi Jim

The one side is definitely black. The other picture is where we believe is the origin of the triangle stone. As you can see it has a white stone surface and is black where there used to be a void in the shale. It's visibly white edge is what caught my eye when searching the area.

Jon

Hi,
I'm kinda new in this form, but have 36 years of field collecting and mineralogy experience. The triangle rock is of an igneous origin. The possible souce shown in the photo very much matches the triangle rock with the consistency of what appears to be a type of manganese deposition on a fissure, which is a weakness in the rock, which would be an easy point for the stone to be split off the face of the rock wall. The black is definitley no soot or growth - it is mineral deposition in a fracture in the rock.
lingolddigger

Post by lingolddigger »

oroblanco wrote:There is an Edgar Cayce website? Would you mind posting a link Jim? Not that I am being lazy (well to be honest, YES I am, sad to admit) but it would be interesting to say the least. I would agree too that the most likely person to have sought this reading would have been Barry Storm, but you never know unless as has been suggested, there is a way to get at the original registry now.

Roy
Edgar Cayce died in 1945 and the years do not match with Barry Storm.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Hi Lin,

What dates are you having trouble matching up?

Best,

Jim
roward

Post by roward »

Hi, Jim,
I just came across this topic. In looking at Cayce's reading where he refers to time and then says there has been a great change in the appearance of the area due to the elements (of nature, I assume ), and characters wishing to hide something due to sacred feelings about the place, the first thoughts that came to mind were the earthquake which took place (in the 1880's, I believe), and the fact that both Waltz and the Apaches were said to have been responsible for covering up the mine. That would seem to explain what Cayce was referring to.
Bob
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

I agree Bob,

There was definitely something wrong with the information Cayce was given before the reading, and what he saw during the reading.

Best,

Jim
timeofspace

Post by timeofspace »

Everybody seems to misread the Cayce's reading. It states, a white triangle in the "hills". It describes to me a layer within the hills landscape, not a rock.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Hello timeofspace,

Quoting directly from what Cayce said:

"As we find, if we would locate this - from the present outlook:
We would go from the cactus marked here, in Canyon, some 5, 10, 20, 30, 37 1/2 yards to the north by west - north by west - to a place where, on the side of the hills, there is a white rock - almost pure white - almost as a triangle on top".

It sure sounds like he was talking about a ROCK to me.

Best,

Jim
timeofspace

Post by timeofspace »

I understand what you are saying, please step back and take the phase "of the hills". It is in plural form. A single rock can be found on any hill. The rock I speak of here has to be larger to acertain "hills". Just another way of looking at the puzzle.
GeorgeW

Post by GeorgeW »

I see what you're saying but I tend to agree with "a rock" meaning a rock and not a large, multi-hill formation. For comparison, I might say in the mountains over there there is a mine. That doesn't mean there are multiple mines or a mine that transects the mountains just because I used the plural form. It just means I didn't narrow down which mountain has the mine.
Goldfinder2015

Post by Goldfinder2015 »

Jim Hatt wrote:Here you go Guz... As you requested in another topic. Here is the complete Edgar Cayce reading on the Lost Dutchman Mine.

This is a subject I could go on and on about for a long time. I suspect that this topic will be long running so I will not try to fit all of my thoughts about it into the opening post.

The first thing that came to my mind when I read it was... Who was the reading done for? There are a few clues about that in Cayce's reading itself..

1 - it was done Feb. 1st, 1944.
2 - Who ever the reading was done for referred to Waltz as Walz.
3 - Who ever the reading was done for believed the LDM was an old Peralta Mine that had been previously owned by Pedro Peralta.
4 - Who ever the reading was done for knew about the Saguaro "Marker" (In Needle Canyon) with the four rocks stuck in it, BEFORE Thunder God's Gold was published, but is briefly mentioned (without any details about it's location) as a marker that Ruth was looking for, on page 98 of Trail of the Dutchman Published by Storm in 1939.

In my opinion. These things strongly point to Barry Storm as the person the reading was done for. Although... Erwin Ruth and Clay Worst could also be possibilities!

Notice that the statement in blue below was the information that was given to Cayce before he started his reading. Then when Cayce starts, (green text) there is a bit of hesitation by Cayce where he seems to be sensing something wrong with the information given to him, and makes excuses for things being different in his "Vision" from what was described to him before he started.

Also notice that Cayce never mentions Weaver's Needle or Needle Canyon by name. He just starts giving his directions from an "unspecified" marked cactus that is situated somewhere near the mine, but he never mentioned the manner in which the cactus he speaks of was marked.

Personally I see nothing in Cayce's reading that ties the LDM to the Weaver's Needle or Needle Canyon area, or Storm's Marked Cactus. Something did not fit when Cayce started his reading. But... nobody questioned him further about what it was, and he went on to describe the area surrounding the mine.

I will be interested in seeing if anyone else reads this the same way I do, and who they think the reading was done for.

Highlighting, Underlining and Bold Text done by me.
Jim

Edgar Cayce Readings, 3638-1
READING 3638-1
M 39

This Psychic Reading given by Edgar Cayce at the office of the Association, Arctic Crescent, Virginia Beach, Va., this 1st day of February, 1944, in accordance with request made by the self - Mr. [ 3638 ], new Associate Member of the Ass'n for Research & Enlightenment, Inc., recommended by Coronet.

Present: Edgar Cayce; Gertrude Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno. [ 3638 ] and Harmon Bro.
Time: 4:30 to 4:45 P. M. Eastern War Time. TEXT GC: You will have before you [ 3638 ] present in this room, and his enquiring mind, together with the gold mine discovered by Pedro Peralta and later worked by Jacob Walz know as "The << Dutchman>> ," in Pinal County, in the central portion of the State of Arizona. There you will find a high peak known as "La Sombrera" or "Weavers Needle". In Needle Canyon, a canyon running north from the base of the peak, you will find a large Saquaro cactus, marked, or that has been marked by four stones stuck into the trunk. From this marker, you will tell us exactly how far and in which direction to go to find the gold mine now known as "The << Dutchman>> ," describing in detail all landmarks from this marker leading directly to the mine. You will then answer the questions, as I ask them:

EC: Yes, we have the enquiring mind, [ 3638 ], present in this room; and those conditions that exist as legends and those as realities pertaining to the << lost>> mine or << Dutchman>> Mine.
In undertaking directions for locations of this from the present conditions, many things should be taken into consideration - as to whether descriptions would apply to those periods when this was put in the way of being hidden and/or those that would apply to the present day surroundings.
For time in its essence - while it is one, in space there has been made a great variation by the activities of the elements and the characters that have been in these areas.
For these are held as sacred grounds by groups who have, from period to period, changed the very face of the earth or the surroundings, for the very purpose of being misleading to those who might attempt to discover or to desecrate (to certain groups) those lands.

As we find, if we would locate this - from the present outlook:
We would go from the cactus marked here, in Canyon, some 5, 10, 20, 30, 37 1/2 yards to the north by west - north by west - to a place where, on the side of the hills, there is a white rock - almost pure white - almost as a triangle on top.
Turn from here - for you can't get over some of the ground going directly to the east - turn almost directly to the east, and just where there is crossing of the deep gulch, we will find the entrance to the Dutch Mine. This has been covered over, though to begin at the lower portion of the gulch we would find only about six feet before we would reach pay dirt in gold.
Ready for questions.
(Q) How rich is this vein?
(A) It's rich enough to work. About, at the present rate, five to six thousand dollars a ton.
(Q) Describe the type of ore.
(A) Impregnations with loose gold.
(Q) Is it covered over? If so, by what?
(A) Rock, very much like the surrounding country.
(Q) How deep is it from the surface?
(A) If from the surface, about eight to ten feet. If you want to get to it, commence at the lower edge of the Canyon and work under it - towards the east, see?
(Q) Give instructions for placing monuments and filing claim?
(A) That must be done from the material angle. Just so there's taken in enough to include all this area for about a thousand yards each way. [See 11/29/71 Newspaper Clipping in 3638-1, Par. R7.]
(Q) Give any further information about other mines in this group which may be helpful.
(A) We would give plenty of them here - the silver mine in the << Lost>> Sheep, which is over the hill on the other side towards the border, you see, that's the most valuable mine in Arizona.
We are through for the present.
Reread: Apache women and children spent the summer covering up all but one Peralta gold mine, LDM was covered by Waltz.