Further Discussions of the Stone Maps

Moderator: somehiker

cw0909
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:48 pm
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Further Discussions of the Stone Maps

Post by cw0909 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:32 pm

deducer wrote:I would be interested in knowing, as well.

My primary interest is how Travis ended up where he ended up, how he knew where to be in the area where he "tripped" over the HS. Clearly he had information directing him to a particular spot. I wonder if the ability to spot WN from that part of the creek was a signifier.
are you saying /asking if finding the stones, as told by CM,and repeated
over and over for yrs, is the story behind finding the 5/6 white stones,
that TT made the museum stones from

do you think TT carved any of the stones and imgs of the stones,weve seen to date

User avatar
deducer
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:58 am
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Further Discussions of the Stone Maps

Post by deducer » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:24 pm

cw0909 wrote:
deducer wrote:I would be interested in knowing, as well.

My primary interest is how Travis ended up where he ended up, how he knew where to be in the area where he "tripped" over the HS. Clearly he had information directing him to a particular spot. I wonder if the ability to spot WN from that part of the creek was a signifier.
are you saying /asking if finding the stones, as told by CM,and repeated
over and over for yrs, is the story behind finding the 5/6 white stones,
that TT made the museum stones from

do you think TT carved any of the stones and imgs of the stones,weve seen to date
Who knows? I'm not sure.

Tumlinson looks to have carved a few duplicates, although for what reason, I have no idea. I would think the actions of a "paranoid" person would be to conceal all traces or proof of what he found, rather than go the other way (e.g., carve duplicates and take many photos of them). At least, that is what I would have done.

somehiker
Posts: 694
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:51 pm
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Further Discussions of the Stone Maps

Post by somehiker » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:33 am

It's been said that the stones and other artifacts found by Travis were on display in a room at the gas station in Stockdale. Fearing they could be stolen, the stones were hidden in an empty drum (45 gal. ?) overnight. An admission was charged to see them.
Another relative has said (Azmula's article in the SMHS newsletter) that the stones never left his mother's house in Cuero.
Friends in Hood River said that Travis had a set there with him, and had seen them during discussions about his search.
When shown photos of the museum stones by Ryan , Joe and his cousin both recognized them all, but said the ones they had seen were much smaller and all the same color as the H/P stone. Both said the heart was of a darker stone.

Sounds like at least three sets to me.

User avatar
deducer
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:58 am
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Further Discussions of the Stone Maps

Post by deducer » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:40 am

somehiker wrote:When shown photos of the museum stones by Ryan , Joe and his cousin both recognized them all, but said the ones they had seen were much smaller and all the same color as the H/P stone. Both said the heart was of a darker stone.
I may have missed it, but was there ever a follow up question asked of these smaller white stones? I know I would have asked what had happened to them.

somehiker
Posts: 694
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:51 pm
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Further Discussions of the Stone Maps

Post by somehiker » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:16 pm

Not in the video as I recall, but I suspect it was edited somewhat.
I believe I asked that question in a post later, but no confirmation of their continued existence or present location was given.

User avatar
deducer
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:58 am
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Further Discussions of the Stone Maps

Post by deducer » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:04 pm

Hopefully that information will be forthcoming in the upcoming documentary or TV show Ryan's got in the works.

somehiker
Posts: 694
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:51 pm
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Further Discussions of the Stone Maps

Post by somehiker » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:32 pm

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what's used, since time restriction may make it impossible to show everything Ryan and the others have found. Hopefully we will be able to see everything eventually, since the show itself may not be enough to convince everyone of it's conclusions.
Dying to see the ground map and five stones as well, since those interest me more than all the other stuff.
With Ryan having said that he wants to take some of the family members out into the Sups, and that they ould like to be able to continue the search for the "Peralta Treasure Rooms", I wonder if the show will include footage of that ? I hope so, but it might be difficult or impossible to obtain a permit to film such an endevour, I think.

cw0909
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:48 pm
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Further Discussions of the Stone Maps

Post by cw0909 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:18 pm

somehiker wrote:I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what's used, since time restriction may make it impossible to show everything Ryan and the others have found. Hopefully we will be able to see everything eventually, since the show itself may not be enough to convince everyone of it's conclusions.
Dying to see the ground map and five stones as well, since those interest me more than all the other stuff.
With Ryan having said that he wants to take some of the family members out into the Sups, and that they would like to be able to continue the search for the "Peralta Treasure Room", I wonder if the show will include footage of that ? I hope so, but it might be difficult or impossible to obtain a permit to film such an endevour, I think.
since time restriction may make it impossible to show everything Ryan and the others have found
continue the search for those "Peralta Treasure Rooms",


these 2 statements and what we have read from/ in both deleted threads/topic
seems more than enough for a 3-4 season show
guess we can only hope

somehiker
Posts: 694
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:51 pm
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Further Discussions of the Stone Maps

Post by somehiker » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:40 am

3-4 episodes maybe, but I don't think the Travis stone map story would be enough to fuel a multi-year series.

cw0909
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:48 pm
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Further Discussions of the Stone Maps

Post by cw0909 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:59 am

i was thinking a season of granddad pegleg
as supposedly peglegs story/history is what got TT,on the hunt.
i would like to know what the fam knows about pegL, thats not
in the public records and recorded history

Post Reply