Forest misadventure

Moderator: Jim_b

LeeVW

Forest misadventure

Post by LeeVW »

You all might find this entertaining. The rear trailing arms are something I have been neglecting for the past 7 years. Now you will see what happens if you don't reinforce them.

http://dsb.yuku.com/topic/2449

Enjoy!

Lee
Desert Cruiser
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Forest misadventure

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Cool story Lee. I never want that to happen to me though. Nice to have friends, huh?

Don...
djui5

Post by djui5 »

Wow that sucks. We had a rear lower track bar bust off a Jeep last Sunday and had to weld it on the trail. Those things are major break downs. Everyone should try to remember to check them once in a while for small cracks :)
LeeVW

Post by LeeVW »

It really is great to have good friends, especially when they have trailers. That's one fortunate thing about buggies. They are easy to tow and a few strong guys can pick them up if necessary. I'm also glad the starter doesn't have a clutch safety. We needed to use the starter several times to get the buggy on and off the trailer.

Break downs are par for the course when you build your own vehicles, but I never anticipated one that would be so much of a pain. Ultimately I knew the stock trailing arms were a weak point, but I delayed addressing the issue for too long. Lesson learned.

Djui5, I am always impressed with the way Jeep people can handle any situation on the trail. One of my friends who was with me goes down to Baja with Robbie Gordon all the time. He said they have a chase truck with a welder just for these occasions. I don't have Robbie's money, so we did the next best thing.

Lee
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Ouch!

Now thats what I call a breakdown!
djui5

Post by djui5 »

LeeVW wrote: Djui5, I am always impressed with the way Jeep people can handle any situation on the trail.
Lee
Me too :) I'm a "Jeeper" for life.