Post by Tyroler »

Be there around Januar 20th
Anyone join in?
Desert Cruiser
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Newberry Springs,CA

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Sorry: But that's too far off to know what we'll be doing. We usually do things on a spur of the moment basis.

Good luck on your trip.

Don....
Jerry Feldner

Post by Jerry Feldner »

What the he!! is in Newberry Springs? There used to be one gas station on old Hwy 66 and the Sidewinder Cafe was good for breakfast. But, other than Pisgah Crater and the lava flow where I used to hunt reptiles, and the town of Ludlow which was a popular truck stop to the east, there was zilch in Newberry Springs.
When I was in college (UCLA - GO BRUINS) , I was assisting a professor who had a transect of some 86 traps going from the north side of the lava flow all the way to the Ord Mns to the south. I was out there once a week cleaning out the traps not just of reptiles but also any invertebrates which had fallen in. Oh, well, I guess NS is as good as Quartzsite.
yuccahead
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by yuccahead »

I believe Newberry Springs is where that bizarre little cult movie was filmed. The title of which escapes my memory. Movie locations certainly have an attraction to some folks.
Tyroler

Post by Tyroler »

Jerry Feldner wrote:What the he!! is in Newberry Springs? There used to be one gas station on old Hwy 66 and the Sidewinder Cafe was good for breakfast. But, other than Pisgah Crater and the lava flow where I used to hunt reptiles, and the town of Ludlow which was a popular truck stop to the east, there was zilch in Newberry Springs.
When I was in college (UCLA - GO BRUINS) , I was assisting a professor who had a transect of some 86 traps going from the north side of the lava flow all the way to the Ord Mns to the south. I was out there once a week cleaning out the traps not just of reptiles but also any invertebrates which had fallen in. Oh, well, I guess NS is as good as Quartzsite.
http://www.calicotown.com/
Guz

Post by Guz »

Have you reserved your mules yet?
Tyroler

Post by Tyroler »

orry.Im not that far yet :D
SPINNER44UK

Post by SPINNER44UK »

yuccahead wrote:I believe Newberry Springs is where that bizarre little cult movie was filmed. The title of which escapes my memory. Movie locations certainly have an attraction to some folks.

Hi, i believe the name of that film was "BAGDAD CAFE" that is the name off the cafe now, starring Jack Palance and Marianne Sagebrecht, stopped there 3 times on my cycle rides from LA to Death Valley, brilliant cafe. can any person remember the very old guy who lived next door to the cafe, i believe he was called BOB also had an army rank, long hair and beard, if there ever was an interesting person, he was it, sadly he passed away.
josef keel, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE. ENGLAND.
castle
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by castle »

Tyroler wrote:Be there around Januar 20th
Anyone join in?
I just spent about 10 days in Newberry Springs in Sep. What's going happening on 20 Jan? If the weather is crappy back here then I might come back out.
Guz

Post by Guz »

Tyroler and his mules are visiting!