Help! Where is Thunder Canyon Cave??

iheartluan27
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Help! Where is Thunder Canyon Cave??

Post by iheartluan27 »

I just moved back from Oregon where I was spoiled with amazing lava tubes and other spelunking treasures. Now that im back in California Im craving cave.
Mike C.

Re: Help! Where is Thunder Canyon Cave??

Post by Mike C. »

Is this cave in San Diego County? If so I believe it is in the southern most part of Anza Borrego St. Park. Possibly not within the actual park itself. Just north of I-8 west of Ocotillo. From what I remember reading it is in or near Mc Cain Valley near Carrizo Gorge. I remember folks would camp at Lark Canyon Campground which is in the general vicinity of the cave. I believe this is a cave with water in places including a cool waterfall. I'm sorry I don't have more to offer, but sure hope it helps in your search. If I learn more I will be sure to let you know. :) Mike C. Brea Ca.
Mike C.

Post by Mike C. »

Finding the actual location of TCC seems to be top secret for conservation reasons. San Diego Grotto is an organization affiliated with The National Speleological Society (NSS). These folks know what you are looking for. www.sdgrotto.org www.caves.org (NSS). Good luck in your endeavor. Mike C. Brea, Ca.
nacho

Post by nacho »

I know this is late, but this might be helpful... At least for a starting point...

http://www.eastcountymagazine.org/node/3223
MG34

Post by MG34 »

East of Lost Valley