The Haunted Desert - share your WEIRD experiences

Plays In The Dirt

Re: The Haunted Desert - share your WEIRD experiences

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

oroblanco wrote:Mtloweman that is pretty cool - a ghost train!
Couldn't have been, this is "The Real Ghost Train" and it's in Northern Nevada. :D

gollum
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by gollum »

Okay,

So I'm camping out in the Borrego Sink area of Anza Borrego Desert. Late at night, I hear what sounds like someone running a stick along a picket fence. "Clickety Clack Clickety Clack Clickety Clack". I got kind of nervous because it wasn't a sound one would normally hear at night in the desert. I got up to investigate, and when I looked, I saw a dim light off in the distance.

As it got closer, I saw that it was a skeleton. It looked to be about eight feet tall and the light was coming from the middle of its' chest! I couldn't believe my eyes. The skeleton was shambling along and the clickety clack sound was coming from its' bones rattling together as it moved along.

I tried to catch up to it when it deviated its course away from me, but when it went over a berm, it just disappeared.

Okay, so that wasn't MY story, but that is the story as told by several people beginning in about 1887 of the Anza Borrego Phantom.

Best-Mike
Apache Devil

Post by Apache Devil »

I was camped out in the Oregon Outback late one night when the stars were bright in a moonless sky when of a sudden the spadefoot toads and the nightbirds all went silent. I heard something like someone strumming a harp, and danged if it wasn't. There came Reptilist, floating over a low hill, glowing in a white gown with lacey dragonfly wings, a golden harp in his hands.
"Hey Rep," I said. "Whassup?"
He smiled at me and said "More stuff like this if you don't put away that Tequila," and floated on out of site, strumming away at the harp.
TradClimber

Post by TradClimber »

Apache,
I know what you’re saying. The same or similar thing happen to me. Rep came floating one night by my camp, a remote area of the Santa Rosa Mountains, wanting some cheap Red Mountain Wine. Anything I gave him probably would have been OK. All I had to offer was Black Label. He went away a very happy man.

Anyway, that is how I remember it.

TradClimber
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

There you have it, strong drink is not for kings or princes!