The Haunted Desert - share your WEIRD experiences

oroblanco
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: The Haunted Desert - share your WEIRD experiences

Post by oroblanco »

HOLA amigos,

Calico has quite a reputation for being haunted - I sure would like to try an experiment in 'EVP' with a tape recorder there some night. Anyone every try that, where you take a tape recorder and ask questions, allow time for "something" to answer, then play the tape back later to hear the 'spirit' responses, (if any)? I have never tried it, but certain 'old west' towns seem like they would be good places to try it. Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

I tend to refrain from interacting with supernatural forces....It can be unhealthy on many levels.
kwyatt

Post by kwyatt »

This did not happen on a moonlit night, but the midday heat waves distorting the view in the binocs might qualify this as a defining weird experience.
Thirty years ago in the Garlock Fault area of the Mojave, I stopped in a pretty flat area with a gentle slope and visibility for miles. Pulled to the side of the road, set up the shade lean-to, and started relaxing by plinkin' and thinkin'. After a bit I noticed a figure far in the distance, seemed to be coming my direction from several miles away on foot. As I contemplated driving up ahead to see if they needed assistance, I saw through the glasses a vehicle pass the figure coming my way. When they reached me, I inquired about the person walking out there and if help was needed. The driver of the other truck replied that he had not seen anyone and took off abruptly. By now I could see that the person was walking at a good pace and was accompanied by some sort of animal by their side. I continued the observation and estimated their approach at about three miles an hour. I decided not to go out to meet them alone due to the strange circumstance and waited. After what was more than an hour, the person approached. It was an old woman walking with a goat on a string by her side. She was wearing boxer shorts and nothing else, no shoes or hat. She carried no water. Her skin was dark and leathery from long term exposure.Long gray braids hung down her back. I offered water for herself and her animal. I offered rest and the food contents of my ice chest. I tried to give her at least a pair of chanklas for walking! She gave no response whatsoever, just kept walking and looking ahead. Her eyes were black and mirror like and when I tried to get closer to her out of my concern for her welfare (it was very hot out), I was met by what can only be described as a kind of intangible barrier,almost electric. I let her continue on and was really bothered about what I should do. After a short while I packed up and headed out the direction she had walked on the long sandy road. Did not see her again. There were no towns or phones or anything out there.
Hmmmmm....
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

A bruja!
You win.
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

shining sun wrote: and finding heart shaped rocks! Lots and lots of them! Shining sun
I really enjoyed reading this experience of yours,ss
And the above line jumped off the page at me!
I enjoy finding heart-shaped rocks!

You found the hearts! you found the treasure~

Ed
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

Thanks Guys! I’m realy enjoying read these stories.
oroblanco wrote
Is there such a thing as a ghost dog?

O yeah!
& this book will make you feel this existence!

Towards the end of the book his best friend
the wolf dies that he raised from a cub. The philosopher
builds a cairn over the wolf’s remain. His writing
is magic with what he relates about the wolf’s spirit
after that point.

This book is highly recommended for anyone with
a philosophical bent on life, love of dogs & meaning.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

reptilist wrote:I tend to refrain from interacting with supernatural forces....It can be unhealthy on many levels.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you think that up yourself Terry, or did you steal it out of some book? It has to be a classic, either way!
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

Pure rep.
Mtloweman

Post by Mtloweman »

I was in the Amboy area in 1979, right at the site of the ghost town of Baghdad, of which no trace remains today. There is a rail line there, but that day for several hours no train came through. However, I could hear the roar of a locomotive as if it was 100 yards away. The problem was, there was no train for at least six miles in any direction. I assumed it was some wierd atmospheric effect.
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

Mtloweman that is pretty cool - a ghost train! I guess that your explanation of a weird atmospheric condition causing the sound to carry very far, more than normal is possible though. There was a Civil War battle (Perrysville) that had strange sound effects, where cannon fire could be heard miles away but was not audible to men just a few hundred yards away, due to the strange lay of the land that made the sounds echo in a bizarre way. Pretty cool though, would be strange to experience it.
Oroblanco