Norm Johnson

LeeVW

Re: Norm Johnson

Post by LeeVW »

I am very sad to hear this news. I never met Norm, although I enjoyed every single post he made on here. From what I could see, he was an extremely genuine person, and I have always had nothing but respect and admiration for him.

Lee
oroblanco
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by oroblanco »

I am sorry to hear this buddy, I remember Norm well and liked him even though I never met him in person. He will be missed, our prayers are with you and the family.
Roy & Beth
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

I thank you all!

Looks like the memorial service will be in Safford on March 27th.

The poor guy was laid over the edge of the tub when I got there. His head was at a bad angle against the far side of the tub. I have thought he had a heart attack, but he had been complaining of dizziness for quite some time and walked with a cane...So now I am leaning towards the idea that he died from the fall....I reckon it takes an investigation to tell. His health was poor, due to too much drinking and smoking, but I expected him to be here a couple more years....he did not however, and frequently spoke of dying.
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

Perhaps your brother knew something bad about his health, which he did not share. Or maybe he just had a hunch. It is funny how so many people seem to have a sense when the time is near the end. My own father, in the several days before he died, went around and kind of "wrapped things up" even though he was in good health, and died in an accident.

Norm is in a better place, for sure.
Roy
WICKENBURG WILL

Post by WICKENBURG WILL »

Terry, again I am sorry you had to find him. But from reading his pages on the internet I would say Norm had a good ride in his life!!! How old was he??? Again, I have said a few prayers for him...
WICKENBURG WILL
Guz

Post by Guz »

Rep, is his blog still up?
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

Guz wrote:Rep, is his blog still up?
I Found This:

http://kingnormie.spaces.live.com/

"Future Generations Will Remember Us For The Roads We Don't Build"
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

Apache Devil

Post by Apache Devil »

Oh damn! I am sorry Terry. I have lost two brothers and a sister since 1994 and I know only too well how you must be feeling. Now I wish I had taken a little more time to answer his posts on Desert Rats with more than just a line or two. If you need someone to talk to you know where to write.
WICKENBURG WILL

Post by WICKENBURG WILL »

Terry, I have never in my life felt so bad about a guy I have never met dying!!! I have read his blogs and feel he was just about as close to living his life as I have done. I have walked the railroad tracks from Phoenix to the New Mexico border and was amazed by the switchbacks. I am sure Norm has had the same view before. Again I say I am sorrowed by his passing. :(