Cottonwood Canyon

Space Cowboy
The middle number please (4): 7

Cottonwood Canyon

Post by Space Cowboy »

In the ABDSP, along S-2 in Mason Valley, does anyone know how far you can drive up Cottonwood Canyon in a 2WD high-clearance Cherokee?
Last edited by Space Cowboy on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Space Cowboy

Re: Storm Canyon

Post by Space Cowboy »

Maybe I should be asking whether its open to the public.
SteveS

Re: Cottonwood Canyon

Post by SteveS »

The last bunch of years they have installed locked gates all the roads I know of or can find on maps.

I have a Hotmail.com address for you, is that still good? If you want we can email chat about this some. 8-)
Space Cowboy

Post by Space Cowboy »

Steve,

dmsftr@hotmail.com should do it. I went out there last weekend, and it looks like its been sealed off pretty good. The road that's on the topo is simply non-existent, although there is a gate at the coordinates. There was a real estate sign on the fence, and if I think of it I'll call the agent and find out just how much land is for sale. Is this one of those situations where the land is public, but the access is private and closed?

West of that is somebody's home. I've looked at it for years, but this time I gave it a real gander, and it looks abandoned with maybe a dozen classic old cars parked out in front. I'd like to meet the owner, or hear his story.
SteveS

Post by SteveS »

Space Cowboy wrote:... is somebody's home. ...it looks abandoned
That I didn’t know. I recall looking the area over with field glasses but was unable to learn much.

That is the address I have for you. Expect an e-mail