WANTED: OUTDOOR ENTHUSIASTS WHO REALLY KNOW HOW TO SURVIVE

WildernessGuy
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by WildernessGuy »

Do you have the skills to take on Mother Nature in all her fury and survive? Can you start a fire without a match, find water in the wilderness, hunt for food and brave the elements? A new television series is calling all wilderness junkies to demonstrate your survival skills. Maybe you are a wilderness guide, hunting/fishing/trek hand, or a backcountry camper with extraordinary skills. Maybe you've found yourself stranded, snowed-in or castaway - and survived. If you've got the will, the ingenuity and the wilderness sense to face the elements, now is the chance to prove it to the world.

If you are a true man’s man or a rough and tumble girl, a REAL survival expert, email us at wildernessguycasting@gmail.com . Tell us a little about what makes you an expert in the wilderness, and any incredible survival stories you might have. Also send a picture, and a video of you, if you have one.

wildernessguycasting@gmail.com
reptilist

Re: WANTED: OUTDOOR ENTHUSIASTS WHO REALLY KNOW HOW TO SURVI

Post by reptilist »

Well, that was the good old days for me!
I was big on living off the land 35 years ago, but I'm in favor of easy living now.
BTW...Fire? Who needs fire in the desert? Only a tenderfoot dude goes through that much work... In the summer anyway.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

WildernessGuy,

You reply to: address at Gmail.com (A free email account) sort of hints at the idea that you are operating on a very low budget. Now if it were... reply to:

Wildernessguycasting... at MGM.com or discoverychannel.com you might get more responses to your casting call.

Who are you casting for?

Thank You,

Jim

P.S. Sounds like the kind of show that we would all be interested in Watching! Good Luck with it.
WildernessGuy

Post by WildernessGuy »

Hi Jim,

I apologize for any confusion, that is the email account we were using while an official account was being set up. The new email is wildernessguycasting@grbtv.com. We are GRB Entertainment, an Emmy-award winning production company based in Los Angeles. Hope that clears things up!
rppp01a

Post by rppp01a »

Uh, Discovery already accepted the best the state has to offer: http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/dual-survival/bios/

I've studied under him and can confidently say 'good luck' in finding someone near his caliber.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Thanks for the update wildernessguy,

I almost deleted your post thinking it was a prankster, but I decided to hold off on that thought for a little while, to see if you replied to my comment.

I've had some experience working with Greystone Productions, and the A&E channel, and your post just didn't fit what I would expect from a legitimate casting call. They usually have a name right out front that everyone will recognize.

I apologize for being so suspicious.

You know how us Treasure Hunters are. We have to "side-eye" everyone for a while, until we get comfortable with them.

You might want to make a post in our Gold Prospecting and Treasure Hunting forums also. Lots of younger fellows in here that spend a lot of time romping around in the Superstition Wilderness, and prospecting in remote areas.

Try posting it in this topic:

http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic. ... 131#p19131

It is a pretty broad based discussion.

Mostly just the old has-been's like me and Terry "Reptilist" (mere shadows of the men we once were) that hang out in the General Desert Information forum. :lol:

Again, Best of luck with your project.

Jim
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Nice link rppp01a,

I don't know about that Cody guy. (Goes barefoot all the time) I believe he'd have to make himself some shoes of some kind, in order to get around in the Superstitions, or go very far across the desert in the summertime, down here in the lower part of Arizona.

Judging by his Bio, I don't think he would find it too difficult to find something to protect his feet with tho. ;)

Jim
coazon de oro

Post by coazon de oro »

Survival experts cross the arizona desert by the thousands each year coming out from Mexico. Just audition one of the coyotes. Homar
rppp01a

Post by rppp01a »

Jim Hatt wrote:Nice link rppp01a,

I don't know about that Cody guy. (Goes barefoot all the time) I believe he'd have to make himself some shoes of some kind, in order to get around in the Superstitions, or go very far across the desert in the summertime, down here in the lower part of Arizona.

Judging by his Bio, I don't think he would find it too difficult to find something to protect his feet with tho. ;)

Jim
I've spent time with him. The one time he wears sandals, he is doing so to keep up with faster hikers (one class is a cross desert course). His feet blister in sandals. Otherwise, he always goes barefoot. Except in airports and what-have-you. I know everyone is all wierded out by it, but I've seen him do it in 100+ degree weather across some very very hot ground.

And yes, I've heard him and others relate stories where he has had to 'find shoes' for students who thought they could do what he does. Those shoes were ... interesting, from what I've heard.
Guz

Post by Guz »

I dont need matches. I use a lighter.