Agua Caliente County Park

Space Cowboy
The middle number please (4): 7

Agua Caliente County Park

Post by Space Cowboy »

I’m taking my nine-year-olds to Agua Caliente County Park in the ABDSP. I’ve never been to a hot springs, let alone Agua Caliente but the kids are fired up. I’ve read Marshal South’s piece and everything ever written about the Hot Springs in Desert Magazine, but I don’t seem to be able to find anything on the Internet that satisfied my urge for insight. Any suggestions, rules of etiquette, inside information, helpful incantations or secret handshakes anyone is willing to impart, I’m open to.

Space Cowboy
Mike C.

Re: Agua Caliente County Park

Post by Mike C. »

Space Cowboy, I have never been there, but from what I have read I think all of you will enjoy it. Not sure of the etiquette but it sounds family friendly. They have both indoor and outdoor natural hot-water pools including an indoor spa. They also have a playground, rec. hall and campfire circle. Not sure if you need reservations. (760)765-1188 (760)565-3600 I got my imformation from the Lowell and Diana Lindsay book. Good luck and have fun, Mike C. Brea, Ca. (store close by also).
DesertWRX

Post by DesertWRX »

Space Cowboy

Post by Space Cowboy »

Marshal South did a write-up for Desert Magazine, Healing Waters at Agua Caliente, July 1947. It’s a San Diego County Park now. We’ve driven through it and it looks like a unique place. Soakers Bible has a pretty good write up on it, http://www.soakersbible.com/Page.asp?ID=133 , but there’s nothing like a first-hand report to really prep you for what’s there.
LDMGOLD
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by LDMGOLD »

Wonderful information on Agua Caliente Park in the Anza-Borrego Desert. It is a great place to visit.

Tom K.