Death Valley Scotty Flies

SteveS
The middle number please (4): 7

Re: Death Valley Scotty Flies

Post by SteveS »

Space Cowboy wrote:... or it could be as simple as Great Minds Think alike.

That the one I'm going to pick. 8-) :D :lol:
philipandrews1
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by philipandrews1 »

^ but i think there's greater possibilities than just 'that'. don't you think?
Space Cowboy

Post by Space Cowboy »

But what, philipandrews1? The human 'id' moving as one toward some cosmic path, A trend in fashion for escapism, in this case into the past? Merely a symptom in the spasms of Creative Chaos of Scientific Dialectic Materialism? Throw me a bone.

SteveS: yes, great minds, Great Minds.
SteveS

Post by SteveS »

Alas I have made it to the July 1953 copy of Desert Magazine. Right beside the article SC started this thread with is a news clip about Saline Valley (pg 32).

The clip talks about the citizens of Lone Pine and Bishop protesting the military take over of Saline Valley for an Aerial Gunnery Range. Senator Charlie Brown says he will resist the Gunnery Range.

Now with the advantage of time we can see the Senator and citizens where successful. :D
Space Cowboy

Post by Space Cowboy »

I have found a purpose, perhaps more of an excuse, for this obsessive DM reading. As I come across articles about ghost towns, I've been checking in at the http://www.ghosttowns.com/ site, looking up the town, and seeing if the DM article would benefit that site's often truncated info on said town. So far I've sent Ghostowns.com thirteen links to the Scribd link for the DM issue. Finding an article about Shakespeare, New Mexico, August 1949, where this man and his daughter have bought the town, and are the last living residents, is really quite a hoot. Also, having an article about the birth of Eagle Mountain California in the June 1966 DM, and now it being a ghost town, is first-hand history, as much as reading the Tombstone Epitaph.

I'm up to August 1967, but I've discovered I'm missing August 1965 and '66. I guess I'm going to have to read them at Scribd.
Space Cowboy

Post by Space Cowboy »

I have to correct myself. Apparently the August and September issues were combined in 1965, '66, '67.
luzagodom
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by luzagodom »