Have You Forgotten Sandman?

Plays In The Dirt

Have You Forgotten Sandman?

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

I visit his blog frequently to keep-up on how he's doing and I'm happy to report that he's doing much - much better, although there is some brain damage that will take some time to heal. His family visits him often and he seems to recognize them.

Anyway, I just wanted to keep his name in the spotlight. Hopefully he will once again be able to join us here on dusa.

Greg (Plays In The Dirt)
reptilist
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Have You Forgotten Sandman?

Post by reptilist »

No, I haven't!
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

I haven't forgotten him either - glad to hear he's doing better and I hope in time his body heals as much as possible!!! Thanks for the update
Vulture

Post by Vulture »

I check the family blog frequently too.
Plays In The Dirt

Anyone wishing to send Sandman a card can send it to the following address:

Casa Colina
255 East Bonita
Pomona, Ca 91769

Greg (Plays In The Dirt)
Mike C.

Post by Mike C. »

PITD, thanks for the address. Sandman is definitely not forgotten. I pray for him and his family daily. along with checking his daughters blog. His recovery will be a long process but I honestly think he will pull through. He has another thing to look forward to---your new desert gardening forum as he showed great interest in your idea just days before his accident. He'll be back! Mike C. Brea, Ca.
Plays In The Dirt

No problem, Mike my pleasure. If some of us send him a card he may not recognize or remember our names or dusa but he's getting better so maybe. From what I read and saw he really got his bell rung, Along with other injuries.
spiny

Post by spiny »

Thanks for posting the address, Greg. I definitely haven't forgotten him, either, and have been checking in at his family's website periodically to monitor his progress. It's heartening to see that he has come as far as he has, given the severity of the accident, and I'm betting on his determination and his family (and friends) to see him through to recovery, allthough it will probably take quite a while. Well wishes and prayers will, I hope, work wonders. I'll get a card in the mail. Even if he doesn't remember my handle, he'll know that people are rooting for him. Thanks to everyone who has already done this.
desert wanderer
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by desert wanderer »

Hi Greg! Thanks for reminding us. I periodically check the blog about him. Sure hope he's able to get back on this website soon and hope he can get back to doing what he loves to do, and that's fishing, wandering and exploring in the far away places.
desert wanderer
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by desert wanderer »

spiny wrote:Thanks for posting the address, Greg. I definitely haven't forgotten him, either, and have been checking in at his family's website periodically to monitor his progress. It's heartening to see that he has come as far as he has, given the severity of the accident, and I'm betting on his determination and his family (and friends) to see him through to recovery, allthough it will probably take quite a while. Well wishes and prayers will, I hope, work wonders. I'll get a card in the mail. Even if he doesn't remember my handle, he'll know that people are rooting for him. Thanks to everyone who has already done this.
Spiny, Excellent point regarding sending Sandman the cards! I'll do the same, thanks!