Contacting reptilist

LDMGOLD
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Contacting reptilist

Post by LDMGOLD »

TERRY:

When you retire you might consider Apache Junction. I grew up in Christmas. Christmas was an old copper town. Then we moved to Globe and I eventually ended up in Apache Junction. AJ is centrally located if you like eastern and southeastern Arizona. I retired a couple years ago and they have all ready forgotten me. Thank goodness! Speaking of rocks my dad use to have to fire underground workers that helped themselves to quality mineral specimens. Christmas produced some beautiful specimens of copper minerals, but not to many.

Take care,

Tom K.
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

My wife wants a change of scenery when I retire, so I'm building myself up to spending some time in the PNW... Or I can just get her an annual bus pass so she can head on out.
:o
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

not sure Terry
but the way I read that
it doesn't sound like a round trip ticket

:o
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

Well, The buses don't actually run out here to Greenlee County.
:lol:
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

speaking of Greenlee
darn! Don't know if I'll ever make it back to Tombstone
or ever to Bisbee. Tombstone had a rock & mineral fair this weekend and
Bisbee's will be coming up again soon.
anyway it was fun bantering a few messages with you, Terry
later
Ed
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

I agree with tom K. Terry and think you should consider Apache junction for retirement. I even have a few places where you could help me dig! :mrgreen:

Best,

Jim
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

My brother used to live in AJ... For me, there's just too many snow birds clogging the roads during the winter, and too many tweakers ripping off the neighborhoods the rest of the year.
LDMGOLD

Post by LDMGOLD »

Now Terry.....

I have lived in AJ off and on for the past fifty years and I have never had a problem. I will agree the snowbirds can be annoying, but for the most part they are off the road when I enjoy using them. Most of them can be found on the golf courses or where there is a sale going on. Also you want to avoid Park & Swap areas. The police department keeps most of the undesirables out of the area. Yes, like all communities we have our scum bags, however they don't dictate life for us. I can't blame you for going to Pacific Northwest. However, rain, snow, ice and cold does not agree with me.

There is one place in the Pacific Northwest I would live and that is at Port Angeles in the northwest portion of Washington. The area is in a rain shadow region and has quite mild weather. A friend of mine taught college there for twenty years.

Take care Terry and when you retire enjoyed it friend. We are sure enjoying our retirement.

Tom K.
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

AJ is jewel in the desert.

Port Angeles, Washington... I been through there, I'll give a look. I like that Olympic Peninsula.
shining sun

Post by shining sun »

Hi Reptilist,
Are you really, really sure that you want to take on the Pacific Northwest???
I live here (Washington) and the only good place is the central part where I grew up in Ephrata. It is a sagebrush desert with interesting geology, like the Channeled Scablands from the Missoula floods. But it doesn't compare to the beauty of the southwest. Almost all of the rocks are black basalt. I've lived all over the state and even in the desert portions the winters tend to be cloudy and gloomy. I can't wait to leave! But work is here, so I stay. However, I feel a twinge in the soul when a confirmed desert lover such as yourself thinks about leaving! Give this some careful thought!
Have a joyful holiday and a peaceful desert new year!
Shining Sun