Roll call!

reptilist
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Roll call!

Post by reptilist »

Sorry to say, "Plays in the Dirt" died of cancer earlier this year.
spiny

Post by spiny »

Thanks, Rep. I'm very sorry to hear that. He was a good guy.
Sagebrusher

Post by Sagebrusher »

Checking in. Sorry to hear about PITD...didn't he just get a great job at a gold mine a couple of years ago?
Sal

Post by Sal »

WOW I am sorry to hear that! first we lose Dean, then Sandman almost dies, now PITD is gone...

I'm gettin out of here!
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I though his passing might have already been addressed here...
If not then I am sorry to have left you all in the dark.
He did work for a gold mine in Nevada as a cat skinner and later as an engineering tech.... Then he got sick and took time off to go to the cancer treatment center in Surprise, Arizona. I met him there once to say hi. He was a remarkable man; salt of the earth and solid as a rock. He had a lot of good things to say about the cancer treatment center. Eventually he went home expecting a full recovery, but that was not to be I guess. I think Jim Hatt could flesh out my narration with more details than I can.

He was a good man alright. I liked him as soon as we met. Long live PITD!
spiny

Post by spiny »

I never got a chance to meet him, but I enjoyed his posts, which I found fair, well-reasoned, and friendly. He also generously gave me quite a bit of good photographic advice by email.
Desertroad

Post by Desertroad »

I too enjoyed the many posts from PITD.

As we used to say in the Army, many years ago...our perimeter is one man smaller...

Desertroad
Bob Z.

Post by Bob Z. »

I check in more often in the winter when i have nothing but snow around me. Everyone one the board helps me plan my winter trips to the desert when i ask for info. Sorry to hear about PITD. Bob
Apache Devil

Post by Apache Devil »

I am here.
SteveS
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by SteveS »

I'm still around, but couldn't log in til today, after Jim did his magic. Per the web site I been off since 1-28-11, maybe that why the moderators jobs been so boring?? :lol:

Bummer to hear about PITD. I never met him, but it wasn't for a lack of trying. Whenever I was up his way, he would be out of the area for some reason. He did clue me into a few tips about his local area when I was up there exploring.

Not sure how long I've been kicking around this DezUSA site, but it must be over 10 years, and alot of good people have drifted aways. I would like to thank most of them for sharing the information they did, and wish everyone PEACE no matter where there are.