Old Desert Magazine Advertisement

Desert Cruiser
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Old Desert Magazine Advertisement

Post by Desert Cruiser »

While going thru the old Desert Magazines looking for next months article I have found some neat
advertisements. By the way the next months article is about an area that's no longer accessible!
I think you'll find it very interesting as it's now under a reservoir and this is the only way you'll ever
know about it or see it!

This add is for a Coleman stove and lantern and is from 1937. Check the prices!

Don....
Desert Cruiser

Re: Old Desert Magazine Advertisement

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Here's another one I found in January's issue for the year 1938.

Any body need a radio for the parlor? This was probably for a wealthy person in those times.
Look at the price of this one, and it probably had some beautiful wood on the exterior too!

Don....
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

One more from 1965: This is a neat looking piece of mining equipment. But then I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff.
Has anyone ever seen one of these, and if you have did it work? Last one....

Don...
SteveS
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by SteveS »

Since you have a 'Ads' thread for Desert Mag, I'll try and add a few I enjoy. :)

I got a kick out of Ragsdale’s ad to promote Desert Center in the Jan 1938 issue. He says “main street 100 miles long” in large print, but points out it’s fifty miles to Indio or Blythe in smaller print. :lol: And he uses the old ad from a Motel in Yuma ( I think it was the Coronado Motor Hotel) “Free room every day the sun doesn’t shine in Desert Center” I’m sure some of you recall reading story’s about Steve Ragsdale and Desert Center.

I enjoy digging thru old issues of magazines, over the years I have scored on an enjoyable collection of some ‘Desert’, ‘Nevada’ and ‘Arizona’ magazine issues. I guess I need to make room for a flatbed scanner to share some of these. Of course TIME or lack of is always an issue, the last few days my cowork has called in sick, that puts me in the operations room, and sometimes that makes for a lot of free time unless a problem comes up.
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Anytime Steve: Feel free to add any you'd like from the Desert Mags. Interesting stuff.

Don....
Catclaw

Post by Catclaw »

Nice to see some of the old Desert Mag stuff on DUSA! Don't know if this is where you're getting your pics, or if the link has been posted before, but most of the Desert Magazines from the 1930's through the 1980's are now online here:

http://www.scribd.com/people/documents/306526-dm1937

Catclaw
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Our source comes from several places, but that link has already been posted here. Thanks.

Don....
seraulu1

Post by seraulu1 »

Catclaw wrote:Nice to see some of the old Desert Mag stuff on DUSA! Don't know if this is where you're getting your pics, or if the link has been posted before, but most of the Desert Magazines from the 1930's through the 1980's are now online here:

http://www.scribd.com/people/documents/306526-dm1937

Catclaw

Yeah thanks for that!!! learn hypnosis
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Nice nice photo of catclaw!!! Life wouldn't be the same without the thousands of scars from catclaw up and down my arms. Kurt P.