High Dynamic Range Or "HDR" Photos

Moderator: Jim_b

Plays In The Dirt

High Dynamic Range Or "HDR" Photos

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

Another one of my programs that I'm learning is HDR. Actually I have two of them, (Dynamic Photo HDR & Photomatix), and right now I'm teaching myself the former of the two.

HDR - Some people like it - some people hate it. Myself, I happen to like it as long as it's not overcooked, but then some people like that too. Below is my first try at it. It's not one of the best images to use as an example but I thought I'd try it anyway.

I would love to see others HDR Photos of the desert as well as those converted to B&W so please post them in this thread if you would. And as always - constructive criticism is always welcome...

javaone
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: High Dynamic Range Or "HDR" Photos

Post by javaone »

Pretty cool,

With this one did you take tree shots or make three copies adjusting the exposure of each?

Jerry
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

javaone wrote:Pretty cool,

With this one did you take tree shots or make three copies adjusting the exposure of each?

Jerry
Hi Jerry, thanks for your comments. Actually I bracketed (3) shots in camera and then created the HDR Photo.

Plays - (Greg)
yuccahead
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by yuccahead »

Could you put up a comparison photo or even all three of the different exposures?
I've seen HDR photos that look amazing. As perfect, I suppose, as you can get. It's probably nothing I will attempt to learn but it's an impressive look.
I've already promised myself not to spend any more money on camera and photo gear. I spent enough back in the film era.
LDMGOLD
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by LDMGOLD »

Play in the Dirt:

Are you using raw digital data for your HDR photographs? Or are you talking about film conversion in the color processing bath? I am new to the HDR photograph or maybe I know it by another term. Whatever the case I like the results for the beauty of the desert. Great work!

Thanks,

Tom K.