GRAND CANYON

Moderator: Jim_b

LDMGOLD
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: GRAND CANYON

Post by LDMGOLD »

KURT:

My wife loves going down into the Grand Canyon, second only to going into the Superstition Mountains. She has another raft trip planned for September. She wants to photograph the canyon during late summer and spend some time on side trips of the bigger canyons. Like yourself, I have always marveled at the Grand Canyon and the Superstition Mountains. We have hiked rim to rim at the canyon on two different occasions. We have hiked some of the trails within the canyon. However, now that we are both over seventy, we don't do the extreme canyon hikes anymore. My son hiked rim to rim to rim with us one year when he was ten years old. However, that was almost forty years ago. Recently the wife hiked from Hermit's Rest to river and back in one day. That is a quite a hike for a lady her age. Now that is a steep grade coming back up. Now her plan this fall is to hike Siphon Draw to Summit 5024 again. She wants to do it again before her seventy-second birthday. I am not sure I can do it again, but I may try it. A friend of mine did the Siphon Draw hike on his seventy-fifth birthday this past winter.

You keep tracking Kurt, that is what keeps you good shape. Lots of hiking, good food and no cigarettes.

Take care,

Tom K.