OHV Grants comments

EZRider

Re: OHV Grants comments

Post by EZRider »

Speaking of twisting facts, Dan, we read in your link,

"The San Bernardino Sheriff’s Department (SBCSO) officers advised that the San Bernardino County Counsel has issued a legal opinion that the Wonder Valley dirt roads are highways open only to street legal vehicles."

Recall those facts being twisted in this forum?

EZ
Sal

Post by Sal »

NO Dan. Show me an example of someone lying about OHV misuse. What you linked to was complaints by residents of OHV misuse and authorities reports that they didn't see any. This does not prove anyone was lying.

This shows that residents got a weekend off from OHV misuse. Could be OHV misuse is down from repeated complaints in our area.
Ken@WonderValley
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by Ken@WonderValley »

CHP does not consider the dirt roads in Wonder Valley to be highways and that these dirt roads may be used by non-street legal vehicles.
http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1140/file ... update.pdf

Educational video about the dirt roads in Wonder Valley.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1umzsvhC_UY
EZRider

Post by EZRider »

So the San Bernardino Sheriff’s Department (SBCSO) is only pretending to have jurisdiction in Wonder Valley?

By the way, that was a good educational video, Ken!

EZ
Dan

Post by Dan »

Sal wrote:NO Dan. Show me an example of someone lying about OHV misuse. What you linked to was complaints by residents of OHV misuse and authorities reports that they didn't see any. This does not prove anyone was lying.

This shows that residents got a weekend off from OHV misuse. Could be OHV misuse is down from repeated complaints in our area.

If you are requiring a video tape of a local Wonder Valley resident admitting on tape that they lied, I'm afraid we won't be able to provide that, Sal. At some point, those reading this thread will have to connect SOME dots.
Sal

Post by Sal »

Is this the same Dan that is so careful of preserving our civil rights under the Constitution? the same Dan who quotes from the Founders and tells us what they really meant? How would you like to be convicted in the court of "connect the dots"?

You report a crime and because the perpetrators don't come out and repeat the act on cue the victim gets accused of lying?

Your contrasting views are hypocritical Dan.
Dan

Post by Dan »

So, now you're back to "innocent until PROVEN guilty", Sal? But you don't apply that same measuring stick to OHV users you accuse, Sal.

Why not?
S@ndman

Post by S@ndman »

Good morning!

We had an awesome time exploring the backcountry of the eastern mojave. Unfortunatly, there has been more of the same uglyness perpetrated here at DUSA by the same couple of problamatic bad apples. To clarify any misinformation, I would like to share my own comments to the California OHMVR Division with the readers here at DUSA. Here is a link http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=25805

" I am writing this letter in support of a proposed OHV grant funding by the BLM Barstow Field office for restoration projects in the Juniper Flats area. As an avid off-roader and long time property owner in the region, I fully support the WEMO route designations. Unfortunately, there are some individuals within the OHV community who do not abide by route designations and regulations and the damaging effects of illegal hill climb activity at Arrastra Canyon is degrading this unique riparian area that is a magnet for not only wildlife in the area, but for all recreational users. I wish to thank the OHV Commission for their visit to the location in the past as well as the attention of OHMVRD Public Safety Superintendent John Pelonio and Supervising Ranger Kelly Cloor, who viewed recent photos of ongoing damage at a the BLM/CDD meeting in Moreno Valley, Ca on March 25,2009.

Also of great concern is the restoration of Off Road Vehicle damage as a result of WEMO route non-compliance within the Juniper Flats ACEC at Cottonwood Springs. This lawless activity is having a negative effect on sensitive cultural resources and previous restoration efforts have been negated by continued unlawful OHV use that deviates from legal open routes. Funds are greatly needed for a harder barrier to illegal OHV use at key intrusion points and the Barstow BLM could really use some assistance to negate the damage caused by illegal OHV use at this location.

Please help the off-road community to help prevent closures of areas by providing funding for restoration and enforcement in this area. recently, the Barstow BLM Field office has been teaming up with the San Bernardino County Sheriff's department and Land Use Services/Code Enforcement to provide enforcement and educational teams to patrol this area. The Juniper Flats region is a mix of both private and public lands which require a multi agency approach to law enforcement. they have been doing a wonderful job but clearly need more funding. I applaud the State of California for providing funding to help promote legal and responsible OHV recreation, as well as providing restoration dollars to help repair the damage caused by the irresponsible and uninformed users who cause problems for all.

Thank you for your attention and the opportunity to comment. I am sending a hard copy of this letter along with the recent photos to your offices in support"
EZRider

Post by EZRider »

Dan has characterized himself as a bold spokesman who is not afraid to take a public position on OHV issues. In this instance, he has indicated intention to provide comments to the grant requests.

Public comment is always appreciated regardless of the position held.

EZ
Dan

Post by Dan »

We all see through your smokescreen, EZ. Everyone knows why you are here, and it's not to inject any coherent opinion on policy. It's merely to attempt to ridicule pro-OHV people here. If you want to express an opinion, go right ahead. We've been waiting about 2 years. Instead, you ridicule. Attempting to ridicule others as an exclusive topic of all your posts is not expressing an opinion, it's merely trying to tear down the individuals behind the opinions with which you do not agree.

Agreed?