Longstreet Cabin - Ash meadows, NV

Moderator: Jim_b

mlv
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Longstreet Cabin - Ash meadows, NV

Post by mlv »

Desert Cruiser wrote:Neat photos mlv: Don't stop posting these as they are interesting. I might have more questions for you?

Don....
Those are the only 3 photos I took of that outing to Ash Meadows...........tho I will take a photo of the two petrified logs I picked up from near Zion, with the one looking very close to a real piece of wood...........just need to get around (or remember!) to take the pics!
dmullis

Post by dmullis »

Here are a couple photos of the spring and cabin in 1927, should have gotten this photo to someone sooner as there was no window. My father and grandparents knew Jack (dad was 4 in the photo, and Jack died in 1928), I will find out more, but mostly I think they would try and stay clear. I really want to get him out there in the spring, and I have shared some of the photos with the rangers. This is my favorite part of the country and wish I had a free week to hit the road right now.

Dan
mlv

Post by mlv »

I was going to say, I bet the Rangers at AMNWR would like copies of those photos for their collection..............It doesn't look like the WR will build the wood structure that is next to the cabin in your photo................thanks for posting those !!!