Mother Road National Monument

Moderator: Jim_b

Jim_b
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Mother Road National Monument

Post by Jim_b »

"A proposed Mother Road National Monument project may soon regain positive recognition for Needles. The 'driveable monument' concept is all about preserving a 70-mile section of historic Route 66 between Needles and Barstow in the Mojave Desert. It would pass through Goffs, Essex, Amboy, Ludlow and a few other small towns which became neglected after Interstate 40 was built. Needles is expected to be the eastern anchor for the monument road."

http://www.thedesertstar.com/articles/2 ... ews997.txt

Stanley

Re: Mother Road National Monument

Post by Stanley »

Jim, this is a crock. I don't see what it will preserve unless it is someones pocket book. I have a bridge for sale. LOL
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

I frequent that area and there really isn't much to preserve that isn't already privately owned. I really like the part of 66 that goes from Kingman through Seligman and stops near Ash Fork. If they want to spend some money thay should make it go through to Williams.
desert wanderer
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by desert wanderer »

I'm kind of confused. What in the heck would this preserve, exactly? I'd have to agree with Stanley, all it would do is preserve someone's wallet>
And, would fleece ours! I live in Seligman, and the hype about rte.66 sometimes becomes rather annoying. Speaking for what I've observed here, its all about $$$$$. What are they going to come up with next?
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

It'll be OK, just so long as I can still pull off to the shoulder and take a leak.