Skin Dive the Santa Rosas

Moderator: Jim_b

TradClimber
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Skin Dive the Santa Rosas

Post by TradClimber »

Seeking partner for skin diving adventures in the Santa Rosa Mountains of southern California this summer. Three to five days diving trips.

Only serious persons need to reply.

TradClimber
SteveS
The middle number please (4): 7

Re: Skin Dive the Santa Rosas

Post by SteveS »

I’d like to hear more about this, since I didn’t know a person went skin diving at the Santa Rosa Mtns in So Cal. Are these the SR Mtns near Borrego Springs?

I know I’m NOT a serious diver, but sometimes I just need to reply, hopefully I will still receive a reply.
TradClimber
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by TradClimber »

Hi SS and thanks for your questions.

A year and a half ago I rafted about 600’ down “The Mighty Santa Rosa River” over a period of 8 days.

See link below for that trip report.
http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2562

At that time I didn’t get a chance to do any skin diving. However, I did make a mental note of the possibilities.

It’s with that same spirit and adventure that I intend to skin dive the Santa Rosas this summer.

Yep SS, same Santa Rosas.

TradClimber
SteveS
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by SteveS »

TC, you answered my question about as complete as I have ever got on the net.
THANK-YOU

Your linked trip report was very good (I had missed it’s original posting, I recommend it to anyone else who missed it) and I see the reason of your next endeavor. 8-)

I do thank you for the invite, my limited vacation time is already spoken for. Since my rafting and diving skills are of the level needed for you trip, BUT my climbing skills would need enhancing to safely travel a river of that magnitude. :oops:

Hopefully you will honor us with a ’Diving the Mighty Santa Rosa’ write-up similar to the ’Rafting the Mighty Santa Rosa’

Thanks again