Newby to forum here with some questions

Moderator: Jim_b

Death Valley Dazed
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Newby to forum here with some questions

Post by Death Valley Dazed »

I am hoping to fit into the community here at DesertUSA with this description of my motivation and possible contributions to the forum. So here goes.

I am in my 60's, close to retirement and just discovered Death Valley National Park about 5-6 years ago and am now totally in love with the park. I actually grew up in Southern CA and then moved away for college and never moved back. I regret not falling in love with the desert in my youth - too distracted by other life events. LOL

My first question: Due to my age and limited time left to explore the deserts I have chosen to focus only on Death Valley National Park. There is enough to explore in the park to keep me busy for at least another decade with an average of 3 to 4 week long trips there a year. Is it OK to post to this forum if my only interest and focus is Death Valley?

Second Question: I am not a professional photographer but love to capture images and video of all things Death Valley i.e. geology, weather, wildlife, and people who visit. All of my images and videos are public domain, not copyrighted and free to the public. I have no need for more money and have zero interest in monetizing any of my creative efforts involving the park. I currently have over one hundred short videos about the park at my YouTube Channel - Death Valley Dazed which so far has over 105,000 views. The main purpose of my channel is to show people how spectacular the park is and encourage visitation.

Is it ok to post links to current and future videos at my channel?

Third Question: Being new the desert I seek ideas and expertise of others who know much more about Death Valley National Park. Is this forum ok with a lot of "dumb" questions and advice from a newbie?