Q&A'S - COMPLAINTS - NO SPECIFIC TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

Moderator: Jim_b

Jim Hatt

Re: Q&A'S - COMPLAINTS - NO SPECIFIC TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

Post by Jim Hatt »

Looks like you got it fixed Gerald. The post you just made is showing up.
I see you found the note I left you and made it over here to make OFF TOPIC posts. My Delete Key finger has been getting a callus on it just like your middle finger. Maybe we'll both get a rest now. ;)

Have a good day Gerald!
Desert Cruiser
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Gerald: I'm only guessing that your using a windows machine. So here's my suggestion till you get it figured out -- to save having to do it all over again. Type it up in the windows notepad. Click START then PROGRAMS then ACCESSORIES then Notepad. Type your message there then copy an paste it into the reply box and leave the notepad in the background to try again if you do lose it on here it'll still be in the notepad to copy and paste again.

Don.....
Gerald D. Sain

Post by Gerald D. Sain »

D C
GOOD ADVICE, THANK YOU.
BUT,YOU WOULD THINK YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TO GO AROUND YOU BUTT TO GET TO YOUR ELBOW JUST POST A REPLY. I GUESS THATS WHAT I'M GOING TO HAVE TO DO.
IT MAY BE JUST THAT I AM TAKING TOO LONG TO WRTIE THE REPLY TO POST IT.
ANYWAY, I'LL FIGURE IT OUT SOMEHOW.
THANK YOU AGAIN. :oops:
Gerald
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

I don't think the time spent in the message box has anything to do with it --- as there are times when I just leave it sit while working on something else.

Don....
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I use Firefox browser & have it to block those, double-click is another one that likes to spy. It's not really a big deal though.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I don't think that would be the cause of losing your hard drive, unless you were using a free anti virus software. Been using p.c.'s for at least 10 yrs. & never had a problem with ads causing hard drive failure.
Many reasons for losing a hard drive.
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

John V. Kemm wrote:The next large-scale military or terrorist attack on the United States, if and when it happens, may not involve airplanes or bombs or even intruders breaching American borders.

Cyberattackers shut down one Georgian government site and defaced another with images of Adolf Hitler.

Instead, such an assault may be carried out in cyberspace by shadowy hackers half a world away. And Internet security experts believe that it could be just as devastating to the U.S.'s economy and infrastructure as a deadly bombing.
I couldn't agree more. We rely way - way too much on computers to run everything and they are oh so vulnerable.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

I hate to admit it, but I have to agree with both of you. I just got an e-mail yesterday about something called the One Hour Meltdown that is just about as scary, if not more. It begins like this:

Introduction
The following is just my opinion. It is nothing more than my opinion. I have nothing to substantiate or prove any aspect of my opinion. My opinion is simply the logical conclusion of a law-abiding sixty-year old Christian grandfather who has both an engineering degree and an M.B.A. degree and who has seen both good times and hard times during his life.

The Current Situation:

At the present time every nation in the entire world is facing serious financial and social stress. If only a few nations were involved then it might be possible to contain the upcoming meltdown to a few specific geographical areas. This has been successfully done in the past. However, since the entire world is currently on the edge of the cliff, when the meltdown begins it will impact almost everyone on the face of the earth.

Unless God chooses to intervene, the meltdown is no longer avoidable. Our governments and our financial institutions are no longer in control. However, to keep the system working just a little longer they must maintain the illusion that they have the system under control. But the system is broken and it can't be fixed.

There are two reasons why the system can't be fixed:

1. It has grown beyond its own capacity to support itself.
2. It has become so complex that no one can do anything significant to fix it because it is hemorrhaging in too many different places.

The average person in every nation on the face of the earth knows the meltdown is coming. The wealthy people know it. The poor people know it. Nobody wants it to happen. But almost everyone is just patiently waiting for it to begin and at the same time hoping that it doesn't begin too soon.

They complete story is online at:
http://www.grandpappy.info/honehour.htm
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

Jim Hatt wrote:
1. It has grown beyond its own capacity to support itself.
2. It has become so complex that no one can do anything significant to fix it because it is hemorrhaging in too many different places.

They complete story is online at:
http://www.grandpappy.info/honehour.htm
These two sentences say it all. Everything today is so complex and convoluted that even paying for your groceries at the store you have to figure-out how to work a mini computer. Whatever happened to good old hard-earned cash? Oh yeah that's right - we want to become a paperless society where you don't even get to see what you've worked so hard for, it's all stashed away in a computer somewhere, or so you hope.

Yes, some technology is good, such as the advances in medical treatment and cures for diseases. But I think we all just need to slow down and take stock of what we already have. Heck, you can't even walk out the door with a brand new computer without it being obsolete.

Sometimes I wish I lived back in simpler times, when things were real and you could make a deal with a handshake. I guess that's why I enjoy some of the old TV sitcoms like Andy of Mayberry, simple times...
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Worry, Worry, Worry. :roll:
Everybody still has the freedom to buy or not buy p.c.'s, there are still millions of people that don't have p.c.'s or t.v.'s and are surviving fine.
If people are worried about getting hacked all the time, then it's time to get rid of the almighty computer.
Last edited by Iggy on Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.