The Stallion

Jim_b
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

The Stallion

Post by Jim_b »

After Buster and Bessie Burris sold the town of Amboy, CA in 1998, they retired and moved to Wonder Valley, just 40 miles south. Buster passed away a short time later. Bessie fulfilled her long-held dream of owning a life-sized sculpture of a wild stallion. "The Stallion," pictured below, was donated to the town of Amboy in 2009 as a tribute to the Burris family. Amboy, CA is located on RT 66 and is the home of the famous Roy's Cafe.

For more on RT 66 http://www.desertusa.com/video_pages/Rt66-tour.html
yuccahead
The middle number please (4): 7

Re: The Stallion

Post by yuccahead »

I've never seen the stallion but I used to camp near the crater a lot with my dad back in the 60's. He was on an 'apache tear' obsidian quest for quite some time as I recall. Haven't been around there in a long time, thanks for the photos Jim_b.
mirvin

Post by mirvin »

About the Post Office
When I was stationed at Fort Irwin during the fall and winter of 05 and 06 I would ride RT. 66, I remember one Sat. I stopped somewhere in the desert and ate lunch and wrote my wife a little love note, anyway I mailed it at the Amboy Post Office, she had that letter in her hand Monday, I thought that was so amazing, and great shot of Roy"s Cafe brings back a lot of memories Mike :)
Tyroler
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by Tyroler »

You have a good Camera