Where are they?

Mike C.

Where are they?

Post by Mike C. »

Regular posters Desert Cruiser and Iggy have been out of the picture. What happened, are they ok? I do know about EZ-Rider (total bummer). Just simply curious as I was used to their regular involvement. Thanks, Mike C. Brea, Ca.
Jim_b
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Where are they?

Post by Jim_b »

They are fine, they just don't post here anymore, maybe they will be back someday.
SteveS
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by SteveS »

Jim_b wrote:.... they just don't post here anymore, .....
That’s good news to me. Maybe I’ll make it a point to stop here more often and maybe start posting again.
rockdude
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by rockdude »

I don't post much but always check the site out. I don't live in the desert anymore but always visit a couple times a year.
Space Cowboy

Post by Space Cowboy »

Iggy and DC have their own website these day:http://www.in-the-desert.com/
yuccahead

Post by yuccahead »

Space Cowboy wrote:Iggy and DC have their own website these day:http://www.in-the-desert.com/
Well, it's not a bad site. I really don't like the layout much and a lot of it is tinged with DC's somewhat arrogant and redundant style of writing and explaining, but there's some interesting stuff there.
They're featuring this writer, Dave something or other, that seems to have something going for him. :)
Mike C.

Post by Mike C. »

Yuccahead, I agree with you. I once a a run-in with DC when I made a post about a house I had for rent in the high desert; requesting nobody reply by posting; simply e-mail me. DC thought I was a broker adding that any form of advertising is not tolerated. No big deal, I apologized, standing corrected. I find it strange that he was ALWAYS pushing his website Dust Be Gone! (Yes, selling their product). Not only was he presumptuous, he was quite pretentious. After asking about certain locations in the desert me and other members would reply with answers. Then he became an instant authority and expert on these areas. His photography is superior, his equipment and vehicle are superior---etc---you get the idea. That's all water under the bridge to me as everybody is different. The one thing that bothers me though, is the fact that DUSA is NOT listed as one of his links. That does not seem right. Mike C. Brea, CA.
Mike C.

Post by Mike C. »

That should of read: I once had a run in with---(oops). It is not my nature to ridicule others, but I felt I must get this off my chest. Like I originally posted asking what happened to them. I do miss their posts whether I agree or not with them. In my opinion DC used DUSA and by having his own website now has no use for us. ps I've been desert trekking for 30 years + and do not consider myself to be an expert on any of these places---it's about learning and sharing! ;) Mike C. Brea, Ca.
yuccahead

Post by yuccahead »

Mike C. I know what you're sayin'.
I noticed they've got a Forum listed in the site menu but it's not active as yet, it'll be interesting to see how that works out.
Mike C.

Post by Mike C. »

Their forum is up and running! Mike C.