"Far From Cactus Flats"

Moderator: Jim_b

Sycamore

"Far From Cactus Flats"

Post by Sycamore »

I really enjoyed reading this book.

Has anyone else read it? It is the story of one of the Bundy family from the Arizona Strip, and his service in WWII. During the telling of the tale, a real picture is obtained of life on the Strip, in the first half of the 20th Century.

The author is Lyman Hafen, the only place to get it (that I have found) is the ASIA, the Arizona Strip Interpretive Association.

Sycamore
SteveS
The middle number please (4): 7

Re: "Far From Cactus Flats"

Post by SteveS »

I don’t know anything about that book, but may add it to the list. THANKS.

I do know about that outfit; ASIA, and I have a love / hate feeling for their office in St George. I seem to spend about a $100 every time I walk into that place. I would recommend anyone going into the Strip to stop at this place, and just plan to send a few bucks. BTW if ya like maps, plan to send many bucks. :lol:

Back to your book, did you read it yet? I may have more Qs, should I post them here? or send ya my email address?
Sycamore

Post by Sycamore »

SteveS wrote:...I do know about that outfit; ASIA, and I have a love / hate feeling for their office in St George. I seem to spend about a $100 every time I walk into that place. I would recommend anyone going into the Strip to stop at this place, and just plan to send a few bucks. BTW if ya like maps, plan to send many bucks. :lol:
Yes, if you are coming through St. George, it is ALWAYS worth stopping. They have a website, you can look around, order some stuff, and do a little planning as well....
SteveS wrote:Back to your book, did you read it yet? I may have more Qs, should I post them here? or send ya my email address?
Read it twice, liked it so much I gave the first copy away and had to get a second. May have to re-read it and give the second copy away. (and get a third) :lol:

Sycamore
rein08
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by rein08 »

Have not got that.
Is that really interesting?
I would get one if you tell me so.

Thermostat Shop sale coupon