Fire & Ice

yuccahead
The middle number please (4): 7

Fire & Ice

Post by yuccahead »

Well, it's more like burned out trees and snow but, close enough.
Along the Colorado River the BLM has begun a slash & burn program to rid the river corridor of the evil tamarisk. There are still a lot of burned out stumps down there and then when it snowed a few weeks back I had to go out and look for some images. The real life black & white effect was too much to resist.
Thanks, once again, for looking at my weird photos.

Guz
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Fire & Ice

Post by Guz »

Occasionally stands of Tamarisk burn here in the coachella valley but they seem to sprout back almost immediatly and directly from the roots. That makes for a an even larger area of tamarisk. Nice photos as usual YC.
shining sun

Post by shining sun »

I can see Yuccahead selling the latest collection to a wealthy owner of an ultramodern Manhattan apartment, all furnished in stark black and white with chrome accents. Yuccahead will retire in comfort and pursue his gift. I can't get over how you see art in what could be called by some mundane things. Thank you for sharing!!!!
Shining sun
yuccahead

Post by yuccahead »

Guz - The BLM here released an oriental beetle several years ago that feeds only on tamarisk. Every summer they defoliate a couple of miles of trees then the BLM burns the timber, cuts it up and finally bulldozes the stumps and hauls it away. The damn things still come up again.

shining sun - you have impeccable taste as always. :)
lara

Post by lara »

wow, these are awesome! love the first one the best. have you printed any of these?

lara
shining sun

Post by shining sun »

My favorite one is the third one down!
shining sun

Post by shining sun »

Actually, its the fourth one down with the sticks spookily emerging from the snow. I like all of them however. They look great as a set.
yuccahead

Post by yuccahead »

lara wrote:wow, these are awesome! love the first one the best. have you printed any of these?

lara
Thanks lara, I like the first one a lot myself. I haven't gotten any printed yet, but soon, I hope.
shining sun wrote:My favorite one is the third one down!
shining sun that one reminded me, even as I was taking it, of paintings by the abstract expressionist Franz Kline. Glad you like it.