Do You Have Any Geological Questions?

djui5
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Do You Have Any Geological Questions?

Post by djui5 »

I know Louie. He's quite the character :lol: Haven't been in to see him in a while. I'll have to stop by. I think I met Ray once too, but am not sure now. Thanks for the history, it was great reading. BTW, I got a little Cherokee in me, not that you could tell by looking at me :)
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

My Grandmother was 1/2 Cherokee. Her mother was born on the same Reservation where Ray was. I believe it was my grandmother's Grandmother that marched on the "Trail Of Tears", when they were moved to the Reservation in Oklahoma. Heck, You, Me and Ray might all be distant relatives.
djui5
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by djui5 »

How funny would that be? :lol: I have a lot of respect for people with Cherokee blood. It's something that stays with you.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Anyone with a direct relative on the Dawes roll is eligible for Cherokee tribal membership according to their law. Contrary to most tribes these days that have placed restrictions on new enrollment, the Cherokee are actively seeking to grow in numbers. Enrollment entitles you to certain benefits like access to health care as well as a way to preserve your heritage.