The Oasis of my Soul...

Moderator: Jim_b

beemerchef
The middle number please (4): 7

Re: The Oasis of my Soul...

Post by beemerchef »

Displaced in Munich?

I am often left speechless being here. Overwhelming. For one, “Europe” has changed a lot since the last time here. My “Mother” has also as at 83 how can one not. It is daily anxiety attacks without my Buddy Spirit, it is... it is... My visit here is not of the role of being a “tourist”, some day maybe we will come back again for that purpose. This stay here is to catch up with my Mother and all that “stuff” that goes along when one gets “old”. Putting things in order as she calls it. I say “we” if we come back, because it will be with Spirit and “Old Faithful”. I will find a way, everything is doable, that is if the price of fuel does not break us quickly and painfully. The weather has now turned into a gray cast which will remain for a few days. I had some hope for some lakes sightseeing and yet my Mother only able to go out for 3 to 5 hours a day makes it all very difficult. Besides it all, so many realizations as how nice we have it made in the USA... trust me on that one!
Thanks for the e mails, the comments, the kind words send, you are all contributing to my sanity! Almost forgot... no one will ever go hungry here!!!
Be well...
Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com Our Journey under the Stars…

www.theoasisofmysoul.com/zenphoto/ Our new Photo Gallery…
beemerchef

Post by beemerchef »

Walk, eat, sleep, eat, talk, eat, repeat... Munich.

From Denver today, however the Journal is from Munich, in it the last photos of the “other world”, another one as so many exists, the one I was present into it for a couple of weeks. One that will give me many thoughts for weeks to come. I always want to say “we”, but Spirit is still 375 miles away. One day before leaving I came down with what I now call “The German Flu”, one as never experienced before, sledge hammer on the head would be minimal compared, so much so the Dr prescribed 3000mg Amoxecillin per day. I don't think I was ever prescribed such dosage. The return flight (s) were totally the opposite of going over, unpleasant, the main flight being a 777, some massive airbus that left me speechless. My thoughts are a bit scrambled today, not surprised being ill from riding and breathing this same recirculated
air hundreds other were also breathing. This was just not a healthy way to travel. All is behind, I can only look forward to seeing my Buddy soon I hope, hopefully tomorrow.
Back to sleep now!!! Fortunate to have such good Friends throughout the country to shelter us/me when in such a need.

Be well....

Ara, to be back very soon with Spirit.

www.theoasisofmysoul.com/zenphoto/ Our new Photo Gallery...
RockyFrisco
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by RockyFrisco »

It would be wonderful if you could arrange to get video taken of Spirit and you when you are reunited. Maybe the people who are caring for him could do this.

-Rocky
beemerchef

Post by beemerchef »

RockyFrisco wrote:It would be wonderful if you could arrange to get video taken of Spirit and you when you are reunited. Maybe the people who are caring for him could do this.

-Rocky
Too late... too sick... too much commotion! But we are ONE again... can't tell you how good it feels as I also speak for Spirit...
"Home on the Range"... yes, still there.... passed by it. Might have to stay in the area a few days, might do a video then just for you...
Thanks for the thoughts... bedtime!!!
Be well...
Ara & Spirit
RockyFrisco
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by RockyFrisco »

When Judy used to come home from a day at work, Lizzie would stand up and dance in circles. I can imagine how Spirit greeted you! :)

-Rocky
beemerchef

Post by beemerchef »

RockyFrisco wrote:When Judy used to come home from a day at work, Lizzie would stand up and dance in circles. I can imagine how Spirit greeted you! :)

-Rocky
Well, just passed "Home on the Range" today for the last time... stopped 3 times, lots of photos of the area... We are almost in Denver and... I just realized there is NO card in the camera being one I had left behind!!!... Never happened before... Just a test of Life!
I guess those photos will have to wait till next year since we are going to camp around here a lot!

Yes, Spirit is a happy camper... I think puzzled at my harsh voice because of my Flu!!!

Later... be well.

Ara & Spirit
beemerchef

Post by beemerchef »

We are “ONE” again... Wyoming

I can only wish for everyone to have a set of such brown eyes resting on them with such mutual content. I am not going to hide the fact that this separation was difficult. They talk about Dogs having separation anxiety? Humans do too, big time in my case. We have been together 24/7, a right shoe with a left shoe at all time. It is the eternal compromise situations arising when solutions have a price to pay. The good and the bad, as sometimes it carries on. Besides it all, now a flu caught who knows where, a bit tired, Spirit looking at me wondering why this voice has changed, and headed southbound, all is well. We got the food poisoning and the flu out of the way. We even set aside a whole day of photography without a card in the camera. What more can I do? I truly think it was a plot from Spirit to have some of his past photos in the Journal instead. It worked. He deserves to have them present. We are slowly headed south, dodging the Wyoming winds that could rip my head off if I let it, trying to stay ahead of the colder weather which is making it's appearance lately. I feel as summer is going into hiding, but truly these few days “The Oasis” has been calling, I can smell that pecan wood burning already and those magnificent sunsets and sunrises, much camping this winter in the vicinities including remote areas of Big Bend National and State Park, writing a Book.
Well, enjoy Spirit's few photos from the past, they have great memories.
Be well, always. Glad to be back and “thank you” for the welcome backs.

Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

Post by beemerchef »

Behind Closed Doors... Las Vegas ~ New Mexico [Jasmine Rice with Feta and Vegetables]

I always wanted to visit “the other” Las Vegas as we did a day or two ago. I loose track already. Maybe we should have stayed for the Celebration, their 175th Year, but I don't do well with crowds in general. We arrived in a downpour as I have rarely seen and experienced. A KOA was kind enough to take us in and overlook the fact that Spirit is a Pit. He is now a Poodle... it is official. No problem with their Insurance. Tonight we are in Carlsbad where the temperature reached 90 and the humidity 1000%. I think this was the first time we have been hot, will see how all is as we arrive at “The Oasis” early next week. There seem to be time and yet I am scrambling a bit to order the ten prints which will be on display at the Pan Terra Gallery in Bisbee on October 23rd. If all goes well it will be a permanent exposition. I could then look into maybe other Galleries having had a precedent also such as in Alpine with “Kiowa Gallery” where the prints sold well even if unfortunately the owner's ethics were not up to par. So tomorrow are the Caverns as I think I photographed a couple years ago. I am really looking forward to it, I am even going to use a tripod for a change even if I feel they are a royal pain to use...
Enjoy “Las Vegas” and some thoughts I have had these past days... again.
Be well...
Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

Post by beemerchef »

Carlsbad Caverns revisited... NM

Two years had gone by, the opportunity was there, could not miss taking the hike one more time. Funny how things are however, the body did not take it as well this time! Maybe because I was carrying a tripod with a heavier camera? Or was it two years had really gone by and “all” is only getting a bit... older. I rarely use a tripod, this time was the must of opportunities to do so. Very faint lights, long exposures are all the reasons for it. The Caverns are truly unbelievable as one could actually spend days, the “wows” never stop even more so when finding out how it all came about. It has been a combination that took over 250 millions of years, with first the formation of a reef hundreds of feet thick, behind it all at the same rate limestone and sandstone were deposited, eventually all tumbled down, mountains rising, and through more millions of years the caves slowly formed. I have linked a very interesting synopsis of it's formation on the Journal. So that was a couple days ago as we are now back to “The Oasis”, has been 24 hrs of doing nothing in fear of breaking the present sound of silence surrounding us. It is a bit warm, 94 this afternoon, it seems we are always a bit too early for cooler weather. Enjoy the Caverns...
Be well... always.
Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

Post by beemerchef »

The return to the Oasis. Texas

Maybe it is a good thing I am devoting much time writing my Book as I have totally lost the sense of days and time. Sleeping when needed, eating when hungry, only slowly putting things away here such as camping gear being reorganized, only soon I know repacking to go on into the Parks. The weather finally these past couple of days has been bearable during the afternoons as even hitting 100, the dry heat in the shade has made it pleasant. Long sleeve already a must as soon as the Sun goes into hiding, maybe after all we did not get here too early. All is the same here, and yet so different from everywhere we have been. The vegetation has overgrown, I like it that way, it will keep the “normal” vehicles away. A couple rides into Alpine and one already into Marfa only because of my mixing of days, always a good lunch at “The Food Shark” as it was my compensation for being out on the wrong day for a Dog Show in Alpine put up by the local SPCA. My discipline is paying off as I watch the Sun dicate the time spend writing. It has been an interesting concept to do so, specially when going back in time as I am not today who I was then, no one truly is. Much cooking, of the healthy kind, posted a Mango Salsa recipe on the Journal which is one of my favorite toppings.
“Onward” as a friend of mine always says...

Be Safe and well
Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit