THE STORY OF THE STONE CROSSES

Moderator: Jim_b

rangler
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: THE STORY OF THE STONE CROSSES

Post by rangler »

Jim
lemon juice was an early invisible ink..it dries unseen and the careful heat of a candle would bring it back to visible..those drops just might be the juice of the lemon off the quill...
hope this helps
rangler
rede2rock

Post by rede2rock »

rangler
Would you know if when heated would the mark then become permanent or slowly disappear? Seems that if the jesuits wanted things to be hidden from view that they would prefer something of a fleeting nature with regards to the marks, words and maps.

Thom
GeorgeW

Post by GeorgeW »

The lemon juice method does make permanent marks when heat is applied.
rede2rock

Post by rede2rock »

Thanks George W. I was curious how that worked.

Thom
rr-electricangel

Post by rr-electricangel »

Hello everyone. Just joined DesertUSA today. I am simply overwhelmed at the amount of past threads I'll need to catch up on with all things LDM. If I ever can ever get through all of it I would definitely like to ask your opinions. All I can say for now is..."There sure are some smart people on these forums." ;)
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Welcome to the DUSA forums rr-electricangel,

As you will probably see when you go through the discussions here. I try to limit the scope of the discussions, to information that can be tracked to QUOTED sources (with some degree of credibility), vs what can, and actually has been found out in the mountains.

In order to maintain that limited scope. I often find myself having to cut people off, who wish to drag the discussions into the realm of fantasy, with unlimited imagination, and conclusions based on what they think they see on topo maps, or in Google Earth images.

The whole intent being to try to keep the FACTS separated from the FICTION… and both of those separated from the conclusions based on nothing but wild imaginations.

I realize that makes it difficult for people who have never been in the Superstition Mountains to participate in the discussions, but that should not prevent them from discussing the “potential” of things that have been found, photographed and shared here by those who have.

Hope you continue to enjoy the forums, and occasionally find yourself enlightened, by first hand experiences, shared by some of our "Boots on the ground" members.

Best,

Jim
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Hey rr-electricangel welcome

Best Wishes
Kurt Painter
rr-electricangel

Post by rr-electricangel »

Jim Hatt wrote:I often find myself having to cut people off, who wish to drag the discussions into the realm of fantasy, with unlimited imagination, and conclusions based on what they think they see on topo maps, or in Google Earth images.
Thanks Jim. I think for the most part I'll be asking about and confirming what I've read from many sources in order to have a clearer picture of the historical facts. It's also an honor to me you sir.

silent hunter: Thanks for the warm welcome. Great to be here...
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

It is nice to meet you too rr-electricangel,

Confirming historical facts has always been a problem for all of us. In most cases, all we can do is trace information back to it's source, and form an opinion based on the credibility of the source. When information cannot be traced to it's source... Well... You just have to consider it to be in the category of "Legends & Lore" and until someone finds something that indicates that it might be true.

When you begin asking you questions... Please identify the book, chapter, page number and a "direct quote", for the information you are asking about.

It's really difficult to answer a question that starts out with... "Somewhere I read that........" (If you know what I mean).

Don't get your expectations too high about finding answers to ALL of your questions here, but I am sure you will find everyone willing to hep you in any way they can.

Best,

Jim
funhunter

Post by funhunter »

I sure enjoy all the posts on this site. Really appreciate the news article on the Bilbrey crosses.

Perhaps someone can explain a few items for me?

In the bilbrey articles it states that when he dugged them up one of the crosses were broken. How come pictures don't show any fractures? or was he referring to the corners of the crosses being broken?

Does anyone have better pictures of the crosses? I have not seen any closeups that really are clear. Even the newspaper articles are somewhat blurry.

What is the different between the peralta heart stone that has map markings on it and the latin heart? did they come from different sites?

I know some of you are rolling your eyes at these questions, but being a newbie, I would love to benefit from your knowledge. I appreciate your indulgence.