The Oasis of my Soul...

Moderator: Jim_b

RockyFrisco
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: The Oasis of my Soul...

Post by RockyFrisco »

Ara, as my friend, Jodan, says: "This moment is a gift; that's why they call it The Present."
beemerchef
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by beemerchef »

RockyFrisco wrote:Ara, as my friend, Jodan, says: "This moment is a gift; that's why they call it The Present."
Very nice... Thank you...

Ara & Spirit
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

RockyFrisco wrote:Ara, as my friend, Jodan, says: "This moment is a gift; that's why they call it The Present."

Rocky!

Where have you been Mi Amigo? You still upset with me for not telling you all my secrets? :D :o :shock: :? :lol:

Good to see you back again. I've really been missing your input in the Treasure Hunting Forums!

Best,

Jim
RockyFrisco

Post by RockyFrisco »

I read all the new posts and really enjoy the virtual hunt. I don't post unless I have something to offer. The bad economy has kicked my behind and I'm looking for music work most of the time. I played with the Superstitions in Google Earth for a while, but any further work will require that I be there in person and I can't afford the trip at this time. I have come to agree with my late father's opinion that getting very close to finding the main sources of treasure is a good way to get dead. This last year was bad for hunting in Oklahoma. The ground was very hard for most of the year.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

RockyFrisco wrote:I have come to agree with my late father's opinion that getting very close to finding the main sources of treasure is a good way to get dead. .
There is a lot of truth in that Rocky.

Like "Reptilist" put it... A man's favorite Treasure Hunting/Prospecting spot is a lot like another man's favorite Fishing Hole. (Amplified many times). It takes years, sometimes decades to find a good one, and when you do. You want to keep it to yourself as long as possible. (For some people - No matter what it takes to do it)

Attempting to track or follow anyone into remote areas out here is "Risky" business.

:mrgreen:

It's hard not to wonder, if that's what happened to the missing hikers that are still lost out there. Especially in the the case of Jesse Capen. There are a lot of known old mines in the area he was camped in :?

Best,

Jim
RockyFrisco

Post by RockyFrisco »

I recall the hiker that had to cut his own arm off to survive. He was an experienced wilderness hiker. City people have no idea. They think you can just buy a rock hammer and head out.
beemerchef

Post by beemerchef »

RockyFrisco wrote:I recall the hiker that had to cut his own arm off to survive. He was an experienced wilderness hiker. City people have no idea. They think you can just buy a rock hammer and head out.
I witness that too often myself. Remember this couple coming back from trying to hike the Canyon at Toroweap. It was late... no hat, they each had only taken one liter of water... It was pathetic! People have no clues even with warning signs all over the place on Forums or sometime trails. The key also they forget even going "in" with vehicles is to leave with enough to make it back even if stuck for a few days as it happened to us. They wait till they are down to their last drop of water and then leave...
Maybe Public course would be good? Near Lander, WY, the rescue team is out at least once a week in the Red Desert!

Be well... Ara & Spirit
beemerchef

Post by beemerchef »

A walk in the wash... Tucson. AZ

I almost feel as we both deserve a medal for finishing the 400 miles back to “The Oasis” yesterday. Not normally a big accomplishment, except for Spirit who as a real trooper never complaining of the miles, but only thinking so because of this not going away hernia pain. I am too well aware it will not vanish on it's own, now comes the steps trying to figure it all out as far as surgery, a task in itself when no Health Insurance is available. I know as always a door will open to take away this one more obstacle. One has to stay on the positive track of it all. On the much plus side also the weather cooperated with us in such an incredible way. December and still no heated gear needed with the added attraction of a tail wind which made “Old Faithful” purr every ongoing mile. We had a chance in Tucson to hike a beautiful wash the other day, it was deserted, different Desert from here, different cactus's, an open door to experience Mother Nature so close to an Urban environment. We also cooked a lot these past couple weeks and the recipes going up on the Journal are only a matter of time. Enjoy... we sure did!

Be Safe and well
Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com Our Journey under the Stars…

www.theoasisofmysoul.com/zenphoto/ Our new Photo Gallery...
RockyFrisco

Post by RockyFrisco »

Beautiful sunset picture. I used to try to recapture that using silver silhouettes wrapping that color of agate.
beemerchef

Post by beemerchef »

RockyFrisco wrote:Beautiful sunset picture. I used to try to recapture that using silver silhouettes wrapping that color of agate.
Thanks Rocky... :D

The loss of time... TX

Lots of cooking happens always in a nice kitchen and I finally had a chance to go through the photos and post some of the recipes. “Melted Brie cups...”, “Spanakopita...” and more. And on now it is sitting here packing up to go back to Tucson for both the Holidays and hernia surgery. In that order! I will be driving and one more time as when I went to see my Mother in Germany “Old Faithful” will stay behind. Not Spirit though! That is a big break. What happened to the uneventful winter I thought we would have? In my more recent entry I posted a video which I try to watch everyday. It is about living “the moment”. An aspect I am finding more and more so important as the years go by and the unexpected is always around the corner. I hope you enjoy it and opens up a new door with a fresh outlook on the days to come. Short bursts of riding is about all we have been able to do lately, cabin fever does not suit us very well. Amazingly riding is not too bad on the hernia, not as bad as forgetting about it and trying to lift much, as everything around here weighs much it seems like! Winter only made it's mark one day with a morning temperature of... 12! No complains, I do know about the blizzards up north. We are here very thankful and fortunate as we should always be.

Be Safe and well
Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com Our Journey under the Stars…

www.theoasisofmysoul.com/zenphoto/ Our new Photo Gallery...